Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've looked this carb front to back an can find any number to help identify its size or model number. so maybe someone can tell me just by it's looks. i hope the pictures aren't too big, i havn't figured out how to make them smaller.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jim....that does look like the carb. an i did find numbers. my 10 yr old grandson took his phone an we were able to read the numbers. they were 80457-2

stamped like that. i had never seen these numbers.

·
14,585 Posts
If you Google Holley 80457-2 it will bring up several sites with info. It is apparently a 600 cfm 4 bbl carb.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,761 Posts
Holley model 4160 , vacuum secondary carb

(model 4160 has only 'one metering plate' next to the front fuel bowl.

(model 4150 has TWO 'metering plates -- one on each side, and needs a longer fuel tube).

Those numbers on the "air horn" should give the "List Number" (model # which ='s the model carb --- type : 4160 or 4150 & cfm rating).

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you guys for taking the time to help in the ID on my carb.
so it looks as i have a 4160 model at 600 CFM with a vacuum secondary
an the 4 digit date is april of 81 or 91. an from the holly site it says the standard main jet is .064. is there a way to tell what jet i have in this carb with out tearing into it ? also is this a normal sized carb for a 327 CI ?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Carb size is just fine. Vacuum secondary makes up for it. And no, without opening it up and confirming you won't know for sure. IF it has never been opened then its pretty safe to bet its as Holley says.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks again for all info. now i know more than i did a few days ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts