Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Has to do with the trim level. 400 was top of the line and were the only ones called Nova's.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
what u guys think about the rides on the pics.
Umm, looks good. Novas Im thinkin. Hey, whats all the spring hanging down in the back?? Is that how they came? Seems a lil long on the shackle.. I think it would look nice to lower the azz a lil.. Bit high riding for me. JR

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
A 300 series car had similar but different side trim from a 400/nova - a 300 was still just a "Chevy II" and didnt say nova anywhere. It also had a more plain jane interior.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
62 Chevy II Nova 400

If I remember correctly the Nova 400 trim level was only available on 4dr, SW, 2dr Hdtp and the Conv. The Chevy II 300 level was only available on 4dr, 2dr sedan and SW. Therefore, all 2dr Hdtp and Conv. cars were Nova 400's.
In addition to a higher level of trim, the Nova 400 also added options such as a dome light switch located in both front doors. The two speed windshield wiper w/washer. Maybe dual horns (not sure about that one). Rear armrest w/ashtrays (?). Backup lights (?). Glove box light (?). Courtesy lights (?). Cigarette lighter (?). I don't believe any of these items were included on the Chevy II 100 series cars but I'm not sure which ones may have been on the Chevy II 300 series.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
If I remember correctly the Nova 400 trim level was only available on 4dr, SW, 2dr Hdtp and the Conv. The Chevy II 300 level was only available on 4dr, 2dr sedan and SW. Therefore, all 2dr Hdtp and Conv. cars were Nova 400's.
In addition to a higher level of trim, the Nova 400 also added options such as a dome light switch located in both front doors. The two speed windshield wiper w/washer. Maybe dual horns (not sure about that one). Rear armrest w/ashtrays (?). Backup lights (?). Glove box light (?). Courtesy lights (?). Cigarette lighter (?). I don't believe any of these items were included on the Chevy II 100 series cars but I'm not sure which ones may have been on the Chevy II 300 series.
You could have gotten a 1964 400 series 2 door sedan.

Your right on with the 300 series cars they had the lighting package what ever it was called.

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
In addition to a higher level of trim, the Nova 400 also added options such as a dome light switch located in both front doors. The two speed windshield wiper w/washer. Maybe dual horns (not sure about that one). Rear armrest w/ashtrays (?). Backup lights (?). Glove box light (?). Courtesy lights (?). Cigarette lighter (?)..........
I have some of those options on my SW, I may add the glove box light,dual horns would be cool,I have the armrests..........Thanks for the info,I'm learning somthing new everyday !:yes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea i know it sits to high from the back. But needed some wheel clearence. I added the shackles but not the small leaf srping i guess thats for more sopport for more weight.

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
I'm thinking that the model 300 station wagons had the optional 3rd seat.:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
My 63 400 Nova 4 door has a single speed wiper motor, so in 63 I believe the option would be a two speed. Mine has no windshield washer. Looking back at fore-speed's post I misunderstood him and I think he was saying you could get a two speed with washer as an option. Also as I understand if the two speed was on the car it had a different wiring harness.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
my 62 wagon 400 does have nova all over it, but it find it a little odd that it is considered the highest package but i dont have the rear power window or the extra seat or any of the goodies that i wish i had that are on the 300 wagons...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
my 62 wagon 400 does have nova all over it, but it find it a little odd that it is considered the highest package but i dont have the rear power window or the extra seat or any of the goodies that i wish i had that are on the 300 wagons...
I believe the power window and 3rd seat were options on both the 300 and 400 series trim level wagons. I could be wrong, but I don't think the 300's automatically came with these options selected. The 100 series did not offer the 3rd seat, not sure about the power window.

Ron

1 - 17 of 17 Posts