Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for some new motor mounts to go with the Fast Burn 385 that I will be getting. The motor should have around 440hp when I'm done with it and I'm looking into motor mounts. I'm going to go with the Poly motor mounts but I'm not sure which I should go with between the two below since they stated they are only good on Nova's up to 72. I don't think it will matter since these will bolt to the block. I'm going to be running these with a set of the Moroso solid frame mounts.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...PTP-7-504&Ns=P_SRE_DisplayPrice|0#Application

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...1&CP=1&part=PTP-7-505&Ns=P_SRE_DisplayPrice|0

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
I would call the company, Prothane Motion Control
714-979-4990

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Al, I called them and they stated that I would need the 7-505 which is the tall mount. The 7-504 is the short mount. I'm going to pick up a set of Moroso solid frame mounts to compliment these.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
It says the 7-505 is for 72 and the other is for 70-71, I'm not sure if that's what it is though.:turn:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It says the 7-505 is for 72 and the other is for 70-71, I'm not sure if that's what it is though.:turn:
Well according to the guy at Prothane that I spoke with it will fit a 73 nova with a sbc as well. I told him that I noticed that it states it will fit a 72 only. He stated that it will actually fit 72-74 Novas :yes:.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Well according to the guy at Prothane that I spoke with it will fit a 73 nova with a sbc as well. I told him that I noticed that it states it will fit a 72 only. He stated that it will actually fit 72-74 Novas :yes:.
Any idea what's different from 70-71 to 72-74?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I honestly have no idea. I have heard that there are differences, but never heard why or asked. Good question though.

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
If your 73 has stock mounts neither of those part numbers will work unless you convert to the pre 73 frame stand. Your 73 has the new mounts designed for safety.

Here is a link on how to how to install the poly inserts correctly in the 73 - 79 motor mount shells.

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
You will need to change the transmission mount to poly or solid when running solid motor mounts. Why the choice for the solid mounts? If it is a street driven car all the engine vibration will be felt through the body of the car.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will need to change the transmission mount to poly or solid when running solid motor mounts. Why the choice for the solid mounts? If it is a street driven car all the engine vibration will be felt through the body of the car.
I thought I should leave the transmission mount rubber if I have poly mounts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts