Chevy Nova Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Here are the relays I used. Bosch # 0 332 002 150 About $20 online Google the part number for many sources.

And this VIA-80238 $8 from summit racing. It makes for a cleaner install and is cheap You have to reconfigure the wiring in the connector but that is easy as pie if you have a small flathead screw driver.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
I am thinking of going this route on mine and was wondering ? Do I need to replace my 80 amp alt? with a 130 amp? or more? Thanks Eric

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
My fan install

Well here is my Fan, $28.00fan, $135.00 /140amp. altanator and misc. wire,relaysand switches. Behold the Flux capacitor!!!!!:wow::notworthy:

And Never gets higher than 175.f on low... in stop and go traffic sunday afternoon in Pacfic coast Hwy. Ca.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Electric fans last longer than one might think, especially OEM fans. Most are stepper fans from the factory. You can program the stepper fan by use of two temp sensors for custom applications with the use of the different stepper fan wires. The lower one for the low speed and the higher temp for the high speed. This is normally how they are programmed from the factory.
For example, my 11 sec. Eagle Talon has several programs. One that I did via a VW switch at 200 turn on and 190 turn off. The stock 213 on and 206 off. The medium speed portion of thew stepper at 217 on and 213 off and finally the high speed 224 on and 217 off. My factory fan is a 4 wire 3 speed stepper fan. I by passed all the speeds by joining the high speed wire and the low speed wire to always get the high speed. Its been like this for 4 years with no ill affects.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Stupid 2 speed fan question

With the Taurus 2 speed fan, What switches the fan from low to high? :eek: Is the Hayden switch a manual switch that turns it from low to high? Also, what would I need to do to have fan to come on when I turn on the A/C?
Am I just stupid and with the two 40 amp relays, the 75 amp relay, and all of this other stuff it magically takes care of the car not overheating?!

Signed,
Electrically Inept

101 - 106 of 106 Posts