Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
About a month or so ago somebody posted some facts and measurments of a electric cooling fan from a Ford car. It put out like 4200 cfm and like a dual stage cfm fan. I cant remember what but if you have this information would you please post it again. Thanks :)

MODERATOR NOTE: All the questions and answers to Taurus/Mk VIII fans, relays and wiring have been merged and posted in this thread ~ Paul W.

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
I tried one of those Lincoln fans in my 65 and it was too deep to fit. If it was offset to one side it would of cleared. Seems like it was almost 5 inches deep and it was hitting the water pump.

Jimmy

·
Registered
165 Posts
Electric fan.

Now that the weather is warming up its time to think about my cooling system on my 67 Sedan.

I was thinking about an electric fan but...Theres not much room between my water pump and Rad.(about 4 inches).

What are you guys running for fans and such?I think my mechanical fan is a derale but not sure.And I have a cross flow rad from some other car but its the same dimension as a stock 4 row..

Thanks Rob

·
Registered
9,737 Posts
I use a Taurus fan, a short Edelbrock water pump and a Summit generic aluminum radiator on the Durango Deuce. It never gets hot, even after 20 km of hard running at 8000 ft.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i have about the same setup as mike, minus the edelbrock pump....i will have to second that combo, the taurus fan is a beast

·
Registered
9,737 Posts
The main sources of Taurus fans are the late 80's-early 90's 3.8L V-6 cars. It's about 5" thick and will clear a short water pump easily. In my 66 I have a 5-core brass radiator with a Taurus fan on it and it clears the water pump nicely.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Whats the deal with the taurus fan?

Hey guys, this is for all the people that use Taurus fans. I'm just wondering if they used the same fan for 3.0's and 3.8's, or if they each got their own fan?

Also, how big are they? My radiator core is about 22x19 if i remember correctly.

Thanks.

Matt

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Wow, thanks. That was asked just last month, too. Sorry about not searching.

Any idea on if a 3.0 fan is the same as a 3.8? I can pick one up dirt cheap, and I'd like to ditch the mechanical since it takes forever to warm up (especially at night, and I work the midnight shift, so that's really bad).

Thanks.

Matt

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Taurus fan/long waterpump

Has anybody used the Taurus fan with a long pump? I picked one up today at u pull it, Im really not sure if it will fit..... I guess I could have measured clearance first :eek: but wheres the fun in that?

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Well I went and tried it. With the Summit rad and a long pump it wont fit. I guess I will have to figure something else out.......Any recommendations for a wrecking yard electric fan that I can trust to keep a 400 sb with ac cool? Ive already got the rad and high flow waterpump covered.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts