Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
6,517 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,879 Posts
Do you want a stock system? A 283, even with 4-speed, came with a single system (2bbl) but do you want duals? Are you looking for something bone stock or aftermarket?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
You may make some phone calls before you go that route. I was basically able to have a custom system built by an exhaust shop exactly the way I wanted it, for less than some of the complete system prices I've seen. Find a good old school exhaust guy that can do that project in his sleep and get a quote first.

Just an idea
I agree you should at least look into the custom exhaust. Just make sure they do mandrel bends and not crush bends.

Also, see if Pypes makes anything for your car. I got their system for my '74. It was surprisingly inexpensive and an excellent fit. I don't know what they have for 1st gens, however.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll also add that just because they're sold as a complete setup, doesn't mean some exhaust fabrication skills aren't helpful.

They're doable but not the most DIY friendly necessarily.

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
I agree you should at least look into the custom exhaust. Just make sure they do mandrel bends and not crush bends.

Also, see if Pypes makes anything for your car. I got their system for my '74. It was surprisingly inexpensive and an excellent fit. I don't know what they have for 1st gens, however.
pypes makes an excellent fitting system for 1st gens

1 - 10 of 10 Posts