Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im Considering selling my 65ss.....I wanna start a new project and this is how Im gonna fund it.As most of you know...this 65 has been a labor of love over the last couple of years.....It came out Beautiful and I wanna see what ya'll think its worth before it goes on ebay
Here are the specs...all the things Ive done to it and all the new parts
Original 283 CI V8
Turbo 350 Transmission
Original 10 bolt rear end
New Original Color Crocus Yellow 2 stage paint
All Trim/SS Trim Polished,Painted and Restored by George Lucas..every piece is 100% Perfect!!Including Perfect Peak extensions
New Rechromed wind split
New Pui interior/Door Panels
New Hand sewn Headliner
New Trim Parts Carpet
New Trim parts SS emlems...whole car
New Trim Parts package tray
New Seat belts x 4
New Trim Parts SS Dash Bezel
New Trim parts Gauge Bezel + Glass
New Trim Parts Tail lens and Reverse lens
New OER Drivers side Mirror
New Rechromed Original Bumpers front and rear
New Restored Black plates(guy out of georgia..look brand new)
New Cpp Zero offset disc brakes with drilled and slotted Rotors
New Monroe Shocks x4
New Pioneer 6x9 speakers
Custom autosound USA Am/FM Cassette player
Freshly painted and detailed engine
Edelbrock 1406 carburator
Flowmaster mufflers
New Trunk Mat
New Wheels and Tires....3 different sets to choose from...Your choice...
New Rocket Racing Hyper Silver 17x7 wheels wirh Pirelli Zero tires 205/45/17
or
New Powdercoated 14x6 Disc Brake Rally Wheels(4 3/8bs)with BF Goodrich T/A radials 205/70/14 with New Disc brake caps
or
New Powdercoated 14x6 Disc Brake Rally Wheels(4 3/8bs) with Bridgestone Potenza White Wall Tires with Original Restored Hubcaps x5
This Car came out super nice......I really love it but like I said its time to build another one

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Thats like asking "is my wife hot":D your gonna get some answers you like and some that will insult you. Id say anywhere from 13-20k just depends on the buyer and market.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Your sellin it! I would love to own that car if i had the money, in my neck of the woods i could see it going between 17 to 22k, im kind of in the same boat as you , even though i just got it i have toy'd with the idea of fliping my 63 to fund my 69 project, but i wish you the best of luck with the sale

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats like asking "is my wife hot":D your gonna get some answers you like and some that will insult you. Id say anywhere from 13-20k just depends on the buyer and market.
this is the... whats it worth section:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
What's it worth!!

I have seen this car in person it is very very nice!! if I had to venture a ballpark figure I would say 25k plus. I know NICE!! :yes::yes:

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
LOWBALLER!!! :D

Its true the market sucks, but I know any ride Batman has is topnotch and commands a premium. That being said... I have no friggin idea what your car is worth!!:D

I like the 5 spoke wheels the best, and Im a dogdish guy...lol

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Bruce,

If I were you I would set the bar high and wait for " your price". The 65 IS that nice and eventually someone with boo coo cash will give you the right amount of money so you don't feel too bad.
That's how I ended up selling my 63 Wagon. Although I regretted selling it anyway after all of my hard work. But the money helped!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Bruce I did not do any comps, I just threw out a number of what I thought it could sell for. I was being realistic. I thought my 68 Cougar would have sold for 5K more than it did thats why I said it really depends on the buyer at the time of sale and how bad they want it.

Check out the thread on the 64 HT with 19K miles. I thought that car was worth 20K. I think your car is that nice too...

Sounds like you do know what its worth, sorry if I offended you.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bruce I did not do any comps, I just threw out a number of what I thought it could sell for. I was being realistic. I thought my 68 Cougar would have sold for 5K more than it did thats why I said it really depends on the buyer at the time of sale and how bad they want it.

Check out the thread on the 64 HT with 19K miles. I thought that car was worth 20K. I think your car is that nice too...

Sounds like you do know what its worth, sorry if I offended you.
its all good ryan...not offended at all.....I put it on here for nova guys/gals opinions.....thanks for your opinion!!

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
I'm not sure how it is where you guys are but around here you're hard pressed to get over 20K out of special interest car. There just aren't many buyers once you hit that bracket.

My point being, what it's worth is only what somebody will pay and these days, that seems to be a lot less than say, 6-8 years ago.

It's reality I'm afraid, like Ryan says, unless there is a "money-is-no-object" buyer out there. Typically, the first gens sure don't bring what the second gen's do, although I don't know why. They're every bit as beautiful.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Bruce I love your 65 and would hate to see it go but understand. Knowing exzactly what kind of time and money goes into restoring a 65 I'd say between 20 and 25 but that would be to someone looking for a 65 and wants it done. Because you left it stock you stand a better chance then one like mine which would bring half the cost of the build. Good luck and keep me posted.

·
Registered
276 Posts
IMHO value on 65's

Given the seller and the amount of work done ie trim polish by the best,plus the fact that it is very stock in appearance nice color factory V8 SS ect it seems like without seeing it in person that the resto was well done. My guess would be $20,000-$22,500 (fast sale) - or $25,000 (waiting for the right buyer)....... maybe a bit more to certain buyers if
'the condition before the resto was documented and the car was clean and rust free'.
FWIW... Not sure if I would list it on ebay, too many fees. I`d try local sales or sns first.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
You know that your car is top quality and there is still "old money" buyers available.

I would think that 20K would be on the lower end of the spectrum and 24-26K would not be out of range.

The Rocket rims really enhance the overall beauty of your car.

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
You know that your car is top quality and there is still "old money" buyers available.

I would think that 20K would be on the lower end of the spectrum and 24-26K would not be out of range.

The Rocket rims really enhance the overall beauty of your car.
I agree with this....a 65 SS this NICE with all the trim and factory v8 are not on every corner. I would hold out until someone with the money comes along may take a bit but eventually will. My car probably wasn't worth what I paid for it but it was right around the corner and I had the cash to buy it so I scooped it up. My opinion is it should get 22 to 25 and if it were mine no one would get it for any less!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
First as you know the car is beautiful. You did a great job bringing it back to it's glory days. All that being said the only thing for sure is you won't get what you have into it. Lot's of variables like how big a hurry you in etc. Quick sale keep it under 20K. Willing to wait for the right buyer perhaps as much as 25K.

Good luck ..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Hey Batman.
I say list it for what YOU feel it's worth after all you are the one who really knows the car and it's value.
If you get some interest great, if not ,wait it out if you are in a position to do so.
It is a sweet lookin' ride and i'm sure it's worth what YOU realistically think it should go for.
Best of luck someone is going to get a nice SS out of this.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
its all good ryan...not offended at all.....I put it on here for nova guys/gals opinions.....thanks for your opinion!!
FWIW I think it looks best with the SS hub caps and whitewalls:yes: After some thought I could see it going for over 20k. Are you including all 3 sets of wheels or keeping some for a future ride? Maybe give the winning bidder the choice.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
FWIW I think it looks best with the SS hub caps and whitewalls:yes: After some thought I could see it going for over 20k. Are you including all 3 sets of wheels or keeping some for a future ride? Maybe give the winning bidder the choice.
yes the winning bidder will have his choice of one of the 3 sets of wheels/tires....That will be in the auction:yes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts