• $40,000

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • $45,000

Votes: 1 3.6%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
I think it's funny the Differential description say's next to blow proof. Does that mean it's blow proof? :D
DIFFERENTIAL: All “Strange” Nodular 4:30 Gears
Spool, 35 Spline Axles

THIS REAR IS NEXT TO BLOW PROOF!!!

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i dunno about it... with 50K invested (has receipts) why would he sell it needing only $3500.00 ta finish it... i'd figger with it incomplete he's gonna lose his butt...

best of luck to him...

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
who knows, it might have been a case of the jealous wife."it goes or i go". would that be a tough choice to make? maybe he should reconsider....

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
The car itself seems to be an decent car, but i woulnt wake the motor. It has cheap forged pistons (SRP's) and bottom level forged stuff(eagle). ...There's nothing wrong with eagle stuff, but I wouldn't put their stuff in a big big motor.

....oh yeah...the tranny isn't that strong because it's a 1:76 gear and it doesn't indicate if it's straight cut, so that leads me to believe it's a super set, which is NOT strong enough for a "Low 8 second" car, which I don't think it's that fast anyway...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joe said:
It is Worth WAY Less than what he has in it.
Well, it's obvious that it's not worth what he has into, the question is how much less. 10k less? 20k less? We'll see what it goes for in a couple days.

-wagon dude

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I know the owner/builder of the car. He has ALOT more than that in it. I would guess around $65K-70K. Like he states, the car has never been ran, so who knows what it would run. It should run bottom 9's anyway. H'es been working on the car for so long, he's tired of it, and say's he's got so much money in it, he's afraid to race it. I don't know what he would take for it, but someone could probobly get a good deal if this is what they're lookin for.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
yeah, i agree it's worth lots more, but unfinished ??? he states maybe 3500 ta finish... i'd think he should finish, THEN sell...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
undercvrSS said:
I know the owner/builder of the car. He has ALOT more than that in it. I would guess around $65K-70K. Like he states, the car has never been ran, so who knows what it would run. It should run bottom 9's anyway. H'es been working on the car for so long, he's tired of it, and say's he's got so much money in it, he's afraid to race it. I don't know what he would take for it, but someone could probobly get a good deal if this is what they're lookin for.
I live down the street from him and helped list the car. Nice to meet you. Great guy with a love for cars. :D

1966 Nova Station Wagon

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
wagon dude 4u said:
I live down the street from him and helped list the car. Nice to meet you. Great guy with a love for cars. :D

He is a nice guy.

We'll have to get together one night somewhere. I work right down the way from you in Placentia.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts