Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out in 2 Nova's :D
Pat- 68SSGrandpa came by and troubleshoot'd some carb issues I was having today. Got them under control. We went out in my 70 for a bit, Pat took the wheel on way back , gave me the passenger perception. Then we headed out in his 68. Lots of shifting, spinning and grinning :cool:

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Nice to cruise! how about some more pass seat videos rippin through the gears?:yes:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Lucky you. I didn't get out in the car on the weekend because of commitments and a 50th birthday bash. It's lookin' like the weather is gonna suck 'till at least the weekend now.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice to cruise! how about some more pass seat videos rippin through the gears?:yes:
Yep, need to do that. May need to capture the launch with the new tranny too. Now my problem is traction. The beast roasts the tires through all of first and as much of 2nd as I want to hold her.
Hmm that sound familair, kind of like this hey Pat?
http://barman.shawwebspace.ca/videos/view/nova_burn/

The tires are nothing special, some no name brand comparable to BFG TA's. But when I had those 275 MT ET Streets they too roasted through all of first and half of 2nd.

I was launching in 2nd a few times when out with 68SSGrandpa, that proved for some great fun with more get up and go vs. spin em and smoke. So much torque , no trouble with 2nd gear launches.

Sunday morning at 8:30 AM I went out in the Nova. Stuck my little cup holder between the seats, got a coffee, headed out towards Mission on the # 7. 1800 rpm in 4th gear. No fans required at 80 plus KMH, stayed at 180 degrees. Drove for about an hour in back roads and highway, cruised with a few stomps. Flick on the fans on low, sticks at 175 - 180 degrees even when hard on her. Went back towards golf courses in Pit Meadows ( wakey wakey golfers), nailed it on that brand new pavement by the new Golden Ears Bridge intersection. Smoked the tires through 1st and 2nd. Did some more practice launches in 2nd, great fun.

That afternoon after our Mothers Day Tea :) took my sisters boy friend "the Brit" and his 2 boys in the back out for a ride. Maybe 200lbs of combined weight in back . "the Brit" weighs about 170 in the passnger seat. Did not notice much of a difference with performance. Did a couple 1/2 - 3/4 throttle pulls, lots of smiles. Did a few bunny hops in 1st up to 4500 rpm then banged into 2nd. That got a chorus of whoa's and wows from the boys in the back, and a "Crikey this thing is a bloody animal" from the Brit. Big dumb *** grins from all when we returned to the wives and Mums at home.

I have to say I am the happiest I have ever been with the car. Still lots to do.

Todd, those slide a links are wicked. Not for those wanting a Cadillac ride, but if you want to put the power to the ground, they do that. :devil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts