Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my friend told me that this is a picture of the car that he restored and sold for $23k. Is there anything more you can tell me about a car like this?

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
68-72....454 big block....73&74 are big bumper cars.I think its a 71 or 72...I could be wrong...I don't know alot about 3rd gens

·
Registered
103 Posts
car

it's a yenko 70 or 71 i think nice car.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Its a 73-74 nova custom because of the square quarter windows and bright trim but not worth 23k. id say 15k with the wrong front end and rear. It could be 18-20k with the original front and rear.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Its a 73-74 nova custom because of the square quarter windows and bright trim but not worth 23k. id say 15k with the wrong front end and rear. It could be 18-20k with the original front and rear.
Looks like a race car to me though... roll cage, tubbed most likely. Who knows what he done to it.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Dind ding ding, we have a winner.

look at the quarter windows, clear indicator its a 73-74. Also, door dont have window vents, another indicator.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was going to say 73 because how close the rear bumper is to the bodywork, but it has fiberglass bumpers, so who knows. Definitely a 73-74 with the front end of a 68-72.

I wouldn't pay $23K for it either.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
73-74 Nova with a 70-72 (notice the marker lights) front clip. Also looks like he might have took the shocks off the back bumper to pull it into the back of the car.

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
The 70-72's had marker lights in the bumpers, but 73-74 had square rear windows?
why would you mix things up like that?
The 68-72 is much more popular than the 73-74 Novas. The 73-74 had a less appealing bumper,grill, and tail panel so alot of people swap the front clip in favor of the much sportier 68-72 Nova. Once this is taken care of most people don't notice the larger quarter windows unless they are Nova gurus. With prices of earlier novas getting higher, the 73-74 are now starting to get pulled out of barns and weeds and getting restored or customized to look like the older ones.

Tommy :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the info. I'm basically trying to figure out if he's telling the truth or not, lol! He's a great friend and we love him to pieces but some of his stories are just too good to be true... :rolleyes:

He's offering to help fix up my 1976 4-door and while I'd really like his help/advice... If he's not telling the truth about this car then I don't really know what to think, you know? It's not that I don't trust him.. I just don't want to be expecting great results like the pic he gave me and end up with something scary.

Now that I know more about that specific car I'm going to ask him more details and see if they mesh up.

Side-Note: Dude, if you happen to go to this forum and read this thread please don't be offended by this. We love you and are just doing our proper research on things ;).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts