Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of bucket seats today for my T/S Nova. They have the latch button in the middle of the seat back, plastic seat backs, adjustable headrests. Anyone know what year these are originally from? They came out of a Chevelle SS but they guy who gave them to me wasn't sure what year the Chevelle was. I'll have to make mounts but that's not a problem since I want to install them lower than stock and they won't have to be adjustable but I will have to buy covers so the year may matter. Thanks, RM

·
Registered
871 Posts
They sound like 69-70 chevelle seats. Button is located in the center of seat back 67-68 have them on the sides.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Do you have a picture of the seat? I have a old year one Chevelle catalog and they show the bucket seat patterns. I believe they used that seat for the years 68-72.

novamaniac

·
Registered
30 Posts
re: seats

Thats what they sound like to me. I'm looking a set just like that for my '74.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can take a picture but being a puter idiot all I can do is e mail them to people. So if the button is in the center of the back like these are then I should be able to use covers for 70 to 72 Nova and they would fit? That is what I really need to know. Been looking for seats for a long time so getting these for free was a nice surprize. Everything else inside the car is new so I want these to look half way right. RM

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
RM,
Those Seats were used in Nova's 69-71.The Nova Cover does fit the Chevelle Seat Frame.The Tracks are different,but if you are not bolting to a Factory pattern it doesnt matter.
Joe

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, That was what I needed to know. RM

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Pontiacs also use the same seats as chevelle & Nova 69-72

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
Pontiacs also use the same seats as chevelle & Nova 69-72
Now who in there right mind would use Pontiac parts on their Nova ??? :rolleyes: :D

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
Not on a 1st gen..........:chev: :tongue:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
They weren't fast enough to need the extra strength seats!:eek::rolleyes::devil::stir:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts