Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have 67 ss with console. putting in 565hp, 570 lbs. ft, 427 sb. need a 4sp. with overdrive maybe two overdrive gears. which one fits the best AND has off set so I can use my console? Want to come up through the same or close to the same hole the factory shifter came up through. :confused:

·
Registered
799 Posts
I was all set to pull the trigger on a KEISLER SS700 5 speed. Then I saw the price. It is northwards of $3700.
So I opted for the next best thing . A good old M22 . I get all of the durability , and I get that awesome whine, of the trans.
I did my research and found that MIDWEST MUNCIE , had the BEST product & price.
I called Jeff, (owner) of Midwest, and he assembled me a SUPER strong M22. His trans will take 700+ft/lbs of torque. This was important , as I will be adding an LSX 454 in the near future. 640 hp/ 598 ft/lbs of torque. He guarantees his product.
And he is a HELLUVA nice guy to deal with.
So, if you want the TRUE muscle car sound & feel , give jeff a call @ MIDWEST MUNCIE.

Check it out here:http://www.midwestmuncie.com/
Jeff Collins - OWNER

You will not be disappointed in him or his product!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try Hurst drive line conversions, they have a kit that includes an offset shifter and tunnel patch for a T56. It allows you to keep stock 4spd console.

I am looking into putting a T56 in my 67 orig ss 4spd car

·
Registered
332 Posts
I vote Tremec 5 speed!

Adding a TKO 600 to my 69 Nova was one of the best improvements I've made to the car...in 26 years.

The overdrive makes the car so much more driveable.

With gas prices...that will offset the overdrive option (over a 4 speed). It adds up if you drive the car...

·
Registered
799 Posts
I agree with Tim M, go tremec. I watched a buddy of mine grenade an m22 on a 500ish hp 355.
That would have been a STOCK M22...I believe.
Also, just a side note...TREMECS are all built in MEXICO, NOW! If you are opting for a 5 speed, check out KEISLER . EVERYTHING , made & assembled in : U.S.A.!!!
Check it out HERE:www.keislerauto.com/‎

1 - 6 of 6 Posts