Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first thing we convert owners tell prospective buyers of these cars is 'check the floor supports.' Here is a great example of what we're talking about. This car looks pretty nice in the 20 foot pics, but check the underside photos. The floor supports have rusted away to the point frame connectors have been installed for safety. Check the pics where the doors are visible and note they don't fit properly, a sign the body is starting to flex under the lack of structural support. IMO, unless you have lots of restoration talent and/or money, you want to stay clear of any converts that are this far gone.
Bob

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-Nova-Convertible-Driver-or-Restore_W0QQitemZ130293773717QQihZ003QQcategoryZ6172QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
121 Posts
This car is from my town but i have never seen it driving around and for good reason looks like a single pothole would bring it to it's knees (or rockers). He's asking $8,000 on Craigslist.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
come on bob.you're too fussy:rolleyes:
besides...... all those holes are there to let the water run out to prevent more rust from occurring............:D
leftcoast carl.

·
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, ya gotta give the guy some credit.

At least he posted pic's of the rust and ain't trying to hide it
I totally agree, Bill. He gets top marks for being upfront about the car's condition.

Bob

·
Registered
121 Posts
interesting that he thinks it ok to drive home but yet those plates are about 8 years old so he's not driven too far. Another reason i haven't seen this Nova in my own town.

·
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Auction over...sold for $6100. Hope the new owner has lots of money and/or restoration expertise.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts