Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1967 6cyl 3spd 35,352 original miles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting ready to pull out my 6 cyl 3 spd and replace it with a 355 700R4. Is the 6 cyl worth anything? Are people looking for theses? If so, what would it be worth? This car was a barn find with 35,000 miles on it. The motor/trans is perfect with maintance records.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Drop it in a shopping cart or something cool!
Im not kidding...maybe a cool little ratrod or something?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Might be able to sell it to someone who's trying to make a somewhat original Nova I guess? Probably a limited market for those engines though as most are swapping to V8's.

I painted up my original 307 motor, cleaned it up, and have it in the corner of my garage on a spare engine stand haha! Couldn't part with it.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
My old 6 cyl. now powers a sawmill.........

·
Registered
68 Posts
Buddy of mine just bought one off CL for $100 to use in a 34 Chev P/U Rat Rod project.

(1) Store it for the day when original 6 cyl Novas are so rare that your grandchildren will want to take it back to original.
OR
(2) sell it cheap to someone who will love it and run it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Mine has been sitting on the engine stand since I pulled it a year ago. Nobody around here was interested in it and shipping is not happening.

I sold most of the usable parts that could be shipped to fellow members here. Carb, Intake/exhaust, valve cover vent tube, dipstick etc. Still have the block and head. Thinking about storing but I just don't have the space to keep everything.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts