Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the scoop. I have a 63 that needs front end work/upgrade. The car is a cruiser, drive to work a few times a few car shows, grocery ect. Wont ever be a show car without a winning Powerball ticket. I've got 2k to spend.thats the good part.its a stock manual steer manual brake car. 500 goes to a power disk set up for front. Here's the dilema. I can get the cpp mini for 700 plus 600 for viking coil overs. I can get mini for 400 rebuild my uppers. I can get cpp mustang kit for 2000,power rack ect. I can do cbr lowers bar and Vikings for around 1600.what way shod I go.i know I can add to cbr later.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Cbr for value

If you look at novas with new front end parts the CBR front ends stand out as quality restomod parts. I also think they add the most value to the car as well. Maybe that is my personal opinion because I have had such good help from the CBR team.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Here's the scoop. I have a 63 that needs front end work/upgrade. The car is a cruiser, drive to work a few times a few car shows, grocery ect. Wont ever be a show car without a winning Powerball ticket. I've got 2k to spend.thats the good part.its a stock manual steer manual brake car. 500 goes to a power disk set up for front. Here's the dilema. I can get the cpp mini for 700 plus 600 for viking coil overs. I can get mini for 400 rebuild my uppers. I can get cpp mustang kit for 2000,power rack ect. I can do cbr lowers bar and Vikings for around 1600.what way shod I go.i know I can add to cbr later.
Buy once.
cry once.
Several of us bought cpp before cbr came around or even some took the cheaper path when they had the cbr option then changed their mind and later sold off the cpp stuff. Cpp is better than stock but it’s not much more than a band aid to me. My good friend bought the cpp and it drove fine on the street but I wasn’t happy with the bump steer and his car would not launch well at the track. He since upgraded.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
my 2cents ......

if you're going to KEEP u'r Car .... Go with CBR ....... all th' way ..:yes:

but, then I'm a 3rd gen Nova ....

·
Vendor
94 Posts
CBR Lower arms

Heckster63, your actual cost of CBR lower arms, swaybar, and Viking coil overs is actually $1499. Our lower arms offers the best adjustability for caster, camber and maintaining alignment once set. All American made IN HOUSE, eliminating the accentric adjustment bolt and stock ball joints by utilizing a Howel ball joint. These arms allows you to at a later time as money is available to install a front rack steer. You will not be disappointed, you talk to one of two people only, Chuck Jr. 330-442-7162 owner ,or good ole' dad Chuck Sr. 330-442-7169

·
Registered
139 Posts
If I had to delete something from the CBR package to save money, it would be the Viking coilovers. You can always do them later, and you won't have to change anything you've already installed. I'd much rather have the power rack first.

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
If I had to delete something from the CBR package to save money, it would be the Viking coilovers. You can always do them later, and you won't have to change anything you've already installed. I'd much rather have the power rack first.
^^what he said^^:yes:
I went with manual rack and no complaints.its not hard to turn wheel at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts