Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Need some input for my '64 SS. First off, my car will have a TCI front clip and a TCI back 4-Link clip, AirRide bags all around, 10-bolt rearend w/ Auburn posi and 3.73 gears. Tranny is a built up street/strip TH-350. Right now I have a Chevy S/B 355. Bottom end is nothing special. Top end has Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, manifold, camshaft, and carb. Also has an Edelbrock gear drive and a Streetdamper. Motor needs freshened up so I was thinking about a different rotating assembly...maybe building a stroker 383 or changing the block to a 400 block and building a 406. I'd like to keep the top end as it is for the most part. Car will be a pro-touring street machine and maybe see the track from time to time on test and tune days just for fun! Looking for something that is going to make some power and doesn't break the bank too awfully bad as I still have a ways to go yet on my car! What do you guys think would be a good set up with the top end I have???

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
My son and I built a 406 and put in a 79 Z. We used the performer RPM heads,Air Gap intake, a Comp 274 cam, 1.6 roller rockers, MSD 6AL etc. Camaro had a 3.73 posi rear 10 bolt. It was very streetable. We had a built T-350 with a 2600 stall. Car would run 12.4`s to 12.6`s all day. I sold the car 2 yrs ago and it`s still on the street. I would build a simular set up anytime.:D

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Im partial to 400's myself but 383's are good too. I've built both engines for the street and strip. You already have the 350 block is it a 4 bolt main? if so then do the 383 unless there is something wrong with the block then do a 400.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts