1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
you mean size? If I read a page correctly might be 195/75-14........205/75-14

·
Registered
219 Posts
My car has SS and F-41 and it came originally with Goodyear steel belted radials, size FR78-14. I still have one of them. I have an original road test of a different 76 nova SS, also with F-41, it came with Firestone steel belted radials, in the same size. Both have raised white letters that say the brand and have "steel belted radial" opposite. There may have been other brands available, Chevy never seemed to care much what brand they used, I guess they ordered from everyone.
I also have an old road test of the 76 9C1 Cop Nova, it says that either FR70-14 radials or E70-14 belted bias tires were available. I'venever seen an original car with those though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I also have an old road test of the 76 9C1 Cop Nova, it says that either FR70-14 radials or E70-14 belted bias tires were available. I'venever seen an original car with those though.
My '77 9C1 came equipped with Firestone 125s in this size. They were COPO order code 5FF and referred to as "Fabric Belted Radials." They are belted with Aramid, which some call Kevlar (must be a trade name thing). I have the original 4 in the basement and the never down spare in the trunk. I plan to mount them on the original rims for show and run rallies elsewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts