Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 71 nova has a box spot welded to the back of the rear seat. any ideas what the hell this is?

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is a fuel vapor seperator.two vent lines come from fuel tank.one drainback line back to tank and one line goes to evap canister

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay, thats what i thought. thanks again guys

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Where does the return line connect? Can't locate it in my assemble manual. The main line goes to the pump and the smaller return line connects to what?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Its for the moonshine:devil:
Now thats funny!! Love it..

Its prolly a vent to the really old and useless charcoal canister. Those stupid charcoal canisters. Charcoal is good for a second. But once its saturated (with gum) its nuthing more than dead weight.

Think about all the water filters out there with charcoal. Its a consumable item. When does anyone replace their charcoal canister in the car? Never. But you are supposed to. JR

·
Registered
166 Posts
seems like a bad place for it.if there was ever an issue with the canister or vent lines,you could end up with fuel vapour inside the passenger compartment.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
seems like a bad place for it.if there was ever an issue with the canister or vent lines,you could end up with fuel vapour inside the passenger compartment.
I guess they figured the leaded fuel was going to kill you first anyway!:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts