Chevy Nova Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Technically, based on your description of how your uncle will use the car most of the axle build up is probably way overkill but sometimes you just gotta do things the way you want to.. Your uncle has had that car for a long time and you guys both have history and memories with it.. If the 350 engine that is in it runs good but leaks a little oil that’s fixable.. You can even clean it up a bit and paint it if you want it to look better. The 3.42 gear up grade you are putting in the differential will make it feel a lot more powerful then it did with the 2.73 gears.. Just enjoy it..!

I have an uncle like that too. He has a 69 3/4 ton that was a bit tired and I found him a slightly used crate engine, front disc brakes, a 700r4,16” steely wheels and new tires.. He’s had the truck since 1979. It’s always ran it was just time to refresh and upgrade a bit.. It drives like a dream and stops really well too..

Keep us posted on your progress..

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey Phillip, no problem with going through your rear end guy...I was just pointing out alternatives in case you were pinching budget, as many guys aren't familair will some of the alternatives. Since you aren't doing the work and have a guy you trust, let him do his thing and maintain a friendly relationship with him and it should work out well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Pics after media blasting

New 30 Spline Axle shafts

Last pic we got (before final painting, we opted not to do Powder Coat)...Going to pick it up today and deliver it to my uncle. I'll post a pic after the grand reveal.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts