Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removing everything I can from the engine compartment on my 63 to clean it up and paint it...……..after pullin off the heater hoses I found the heater core spouts was really mangled. I really didn't plan on replacing the heater core,
just a Pain under the dash but I don't see any options because I'm afraid of a leak

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
I've worked with worse. It is possible to get them back to shape with some patience and effort. It could save you the effort of having to remove it. The tubes are fairly soft, so a small pair of standard and needle nose pliers should be all you'll need to bring the tubes back to shape. If it works you'll save sometime and if it doesn't, you're really no worse off other than needing to redrain the system to replace the heater core.

·
Registered
565 Posts
well no one likes find some ones else handi work, looks like easy fix, a taper drift in there should straiten it out, heater hose cover it up, be thankful it wasn't a sun roof, or an in dash CB radio, lol, good luck

·
Registered
846 Posts
Glad you got it fixed..

For others and future use, radiator repair shops have the special repair clamp pliers that mold the groove and boss back like new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts