Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to order some new wheels vintique rally wheels for my 67, im gonna be running a 15x8 on the rear with a 255/60 and a 15x5 on the front, what size tires is everyone running on the 5'' wheel, thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I'm running a 15x7 rim on the back with a 255/60/15 tire and a 15x5 rim on the front with a 215/70/15 tire.

My car seems to sit a little higher in the front that most other Novas, so I wanted to fill up the wheelwells, so I got a little larger tire in front than I normally would. I'm sure a 195/70 or 205/70 would look good too and be a little smaller.

I'm running M/T ET Street Radials on the back and BFG Radial T/A's on the front.

Take a look at some of my pics in my profile if you want for reference.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I run a 165R-15 on my 5" wheels.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am putting 15x5's on the front of my 62 and am also curious. I know that you can't get too crazy with the 67's and older in the front as there can be rubbing issues with the front fender lip.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
15x7's up front with 205/65's, rears are 15x7's with 235/65's

the 205's will fit the 5" rim, so will a 195/65 (a little smaller tire)

just make sure you get the proper back spacing to facilitate brake upgrades, whether now or in the future, by the wheels once...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Flyer's car has a sweet stance. I noticed the front fender is obviously modified. Do you think that combo would rub the front lip with a stock fender or have plenty of clearance? Course if you have an aftermarket control arm kit that moves the wheel back, all bets are off.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
my car has close to 3" drop all around.

front, 2" drop spindles & coil-overs
rear, 2" rear drop leafs with an additional 1" lowering block

it's dropped fairly low for a non-bagged car.

if you stay with a 2" drop the 205's (with proper backspaced wheels) should fit fine...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Boy those mods must give your car a huge improvement in the handling department! Yea, I think the backspace is important to keep the wheel inside the fender. Especially with a lower than stock ride height. Also, if you go with disc brakes the type of kit can make all the difference on where the hub sits for the wheel to mount. I had a rubbing problem on the front fender corner of my car that was giving me fits until I adjusted the strut rods to move the wheel back alittle just enough to clear, then of course had check all the alignment settings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts