Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Would the 17x7, 4.25" backspacing fit on a 1st gen stock suspension and what size tires?
i got 17x7 on my 67 with 225 45 17 with plenty of room. 4 inch back space. in my case 4.25 would have gave me room for a 235. I think my set up is different in the rear though because of the years

·
0 Posts
Would the 17x7, 4.25" backspacing fit on a 1st gen stock suspension and what size tires?
NO...

You can't run what the 66-67 guy's run.......

I could tell you, but I would have to shoot you Each car is different, I don't care what people say. The best bet is to take your own measurements or use the search.
__

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
i didn't go to the above link, but I took a piece of angle aluminum with a hole that goes across 2 of the studs and measured the distance from the mounting flange to where the tire could hit roughly. had the stuff sitting around and it confirmed the sizes that i needed. simple tape measure and it was all said and done. measured 3 times just to be sure.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
a 15 x 7 wheel with a 4.25" BS won't work with a 225/60 tire on my car... don't ask me how I know :eek: if the wheels had a 4.5" BS like they were supposed to, they might have been ok.

i am going with a 15x7, 5" BS with the same 225/60 tires.

you really need to measure your car.

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
What would be cool would be if a bunch of us SNS members chipped in together and purchased a WheelRite that one member could hold onto & then when another member wanted to use it., they would simply pay the shipping both ways to use it......
I would think it would " pay for itself " in short order......

:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
What would be cool would be if a bunch of us SNS members chipped in together and purchased a WheelRite that one member could hold onto & then when another member wanted to use it., they would simply pay the shipping both ways to use it......
I would think it would " pay for itself " in short order......

:yes::yes::yes:
if you do the angle aluminum that i did it's extremely inexpensive and about 90% of what you need to perfectly measure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts