Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install skinnies on the front of my 1970 Nova the front end has moroso drag springs in it and stock suspension " no drop spindles " the rim is a billet specialties 15x3.5 wheel. I plan on driving the car on the street and the track , so any suggestions ?:confused:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But which tire? I know Moroso makes a tire, but most of them or I should say a majority of them are race only applications.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
165/85/15
that's the 'standard' skinny tire imo. that's what i've always run. i had them on my '67 with no issues as well.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats exactly what I was thinking, 15x8 rear wheels with 4.5 inch back space
stock rear suspension with a 10 bolt and single mono leaf suspension what size do you guys think will tuck nicely under there.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Thats exactly what I was thinking, 15x8 rear wheels with 4.5 inch back space
stock rear suspension with a 10 bolt and single mono leaf suspension what size do you guys think will tuck nicely under there.
With an 8" wheel you are going to need a 5.5" backspace, then I would run the 275/60/15, this is the normal 3rd gen set up.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:DI have been getting many opinions and I appreciate all the help, its seems I am definetely going to get the 15x8 rear wheels with the 5.5 back space and I will get the 275/60/15 and hope to GOD that they fit under the 1/4 panel
as for the fronts they are already ordered and they are a 165/80/15 if I dont like the fronts I will order the usual 28 inch tall skinnies from jegs and return the other ones:yes: any other good advice from you guys let me know I am all ears

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
165/85/15
that's the 'standard' skinny tire imo. that's what i've always run. i had them on my '67 with no issues as well.
I think that's what I have on there. I got mine at Pepboys for about $45-50 as well. You just ask for VW tires in 15" and they pull up old Bugs' tires. Mine work great on the street and the track.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went to a Firestone and asked them for VW tires and they looked at me like I had 3 heads:horse::horse:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts