Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to order my first Nova part, a Chevy II front grille emblem from Ebay. $57.73 for a restored GM emblem. Well, it arrived today and is a flimsy piece plastic that definitely will not work. I was screwed...

So, here I am... Are there any regular sites to purchase parts from? not Ebay, OfferUp, etc.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
'67 4 door, 65 wagon. WISCONSIN
6,778 Posts
Chevy2Only (www.gmclassics.com)

Beware, their shipping can be pricey, so order as much as you can at once. I need some license plate screws for $4, but shipping is north of $15.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've bought from Classic Industries, but their shipping is high. Tell you the truth, I shop for each item across many suppliers. Speedway Motors, Jegs, Summit, J&W Nova parts. I too use ebay as a last resort. Don't be afraid to ask on here about where guys buy specific parts. You'll get good advice.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Chevy2Only, Lutty’s, SS396, OPG, Jegs, Summit, Speedway Motors, Ecklers, Classic Industries, Ckassic Muscke, etc, etc.

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,471 Posts
The only advantage I have is ordering from Summit and hoping it is in stock in Reno. I have noticed the stock in Reno has been significantly reduced lately, more Covid related crap I'm sure. Shipping is usually $9 and I get the parts the next day every time since I'm in NorCal. For harder to find things I use GroundUp and Classic. Classic shipping seems the highest, it's almost like $10 per item regardless of how small the parts are and they wont process the order for a couple of days. It can be more than a week to go from SoCal to NorCal. Not bashing, just the price you pay for our hobbies and professions.

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
816 Posts
Most of the vendors listed in previous post. When I'm looking for part or accessory I surf the net and try to find a manufacture of the item I want. Then I look at the suppliers (Speedway, Jegs, etc) to see if they have same product with free shipping. Read the fine print on returns. Got caught by Summit recently. By the time I paid return shipping and "restocking fee" I would better off to just keep the two small fittings.

Ebay and Amazon, last resort and hardly ever.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Summit, JEGS, RockAuto, Advance Auto Parts (local), Classic Industries, SS396, and Speedway Motors are all my go-to... in about that order is how I'll shop, honestly.

It's always a good idea to cross-shop for certain things, especially if you're penny pinching like me. Summit and JEGS all carried the DEI header wrap I needed for my car for about $75, and discounts were hard to come by. I found the same wrap at Advance Auto, was able to use a 20% off coupon, and have free local pickup the next day. No-brainer for stuff like that.

I'll walk around the junkyard in the middle of winter before I buy knockoff garbage off of Amazon.

·
Registered
1963 Chevy II 2 door hardtop
119 Posts
You guys are lucky. I can't get anything shipped for under $40 these days even if it comes from Eastern Canada. Some things I will buy from a local speed shop but they are across town. If I can get it from Amazon I do.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Speedway motors, Jegs, Summit (rarely), Ebay (depends on what and from who), Rubber the right way and here in Sac, Tognotti's, which is a local-only speed shop but they price match internet so I can't go wrong!. Shipping sucks any way you slice it and it isn't going to get better...

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
many sellers on eBay are big name companies
Damn skippy! I bought my Nitto 555R2 tires from Jegs on Ebay and got free shipping and saved over $40 on the total price out the door just using Ebay instead of Jegs' website order process. You just gotta be a frugal shopper... Research everything!! Added bonus, using Paypal, if ever anything goes awry with your order or part, they will help intervene and get your $ back or at least a good portion. Again, research EVERYTHING before you hit that "pay" button...

Good call there, @NorCal63 :)

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I'll tell you who I'll never use again....Eckler's.
They lie on their site that a part is "in stock" then took my money and failed to ship.
After chasing them they tell me 6-8 weeks shipped from the vendor. Again after 8 weeks and no part they tell me 8-12 weeks. It's now been 14 weeks and still no part.
They have never sent delayed delivery updates; I have to chase them.
I'll never order another part from them ever.
Also when Eckler's have your email address they constantly send " 30% discount act now offers" every week. Just annoying.

·
Registered
70 Nova
73 Posts
I buy a lot of little stuff from Amazon. Wiring supplies, ICT billet, AN fittings, ect. I have prime and shipping is free and usually pretty fast. Other places are Summit (first choice), Jegs, Ebay. Sometimes Amazon and Ebay are the only places to find what I need.

I'm 30 miles one way to a parts store so I have most of my stuff delivered and amazon really works for me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts