Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two radiator supports that came off of 62 chevyIIs and one on my 64.

The one from a 62 convertible is stamped different where the voltage regulator and horn relay mount. It also dose not have any stamping for horn clearance in front of the battery.

The one from the 62 post car matches the one on my 64 more door. Both have the same stamping in the area of the volatage regulator mount and both have an area stamped towards the battery that apears to alow clearance for the horn.

The inner fenders from the 62 convertible and the 62 post all have the closer aprox. 6 1/4" hood hinge bolt spacing. The inner fenders on the 64 more door have the wider aprox. 8 1/4" bolt spacing.

Any one know when the radiator support started to received the different stamping.

Has my 62 post car had the support changed but not the inner fenders or could it have come with the radiator support with the differnt stampings from the factory in 62?

Thanks your your help!
EarlyIIs

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
For sure the hood hinges are different on the 62, 63 and up should be the same.

Wild guess on the radiator support, maybe different with a 4cyl/6cyl?

Don't even consider that statement to have support! LOL

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
6 cyl

All three of my cars had 194 6 cyl.

I read in another post that the regulator and horn relay were mounted diferently in 62.

Could a late model 62 also have the later style reglulator mouting? Did the radiator support change when GM switched from a generator to an alternator?

Thanks
EarlyIIs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts