Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm an idgit! The stock rear end seemed SO simple when I dismantled it that I didn't bother taking pictures or documenting anything. MY BAD!!!:rolleyes:

So, I have the new rear end propped up in it's spot on a jack. I have the new shocks dangling down from their plates. I even have the new leaf springs/shackles/bolts in place (after a bit of a wrestling match, which I'm happy to say I won!). So here's the question, and please forgive me if it seems ridiculously obvious, but I'd rather ask in advance than redo it:

I have the stock plate that the bottom of the shocks attach to. Does that plate attach to the underside of the rear end with the leaf spring under the plate (so from top to bottom: rear end, plate, then leaf spring)... or

Does it go: rear end, leaf spring and then plate that the shock bolts to on the bottom of the stack, all of which are being sandwiched together by the bolts?

Again, sorry for sounding so "dupid" and I appreciate everyone's help!

Cheers,
Daryl

·
Registered
982 Posts
as far as i know, for many of the vehicles ive worked on, it is the axle, the leaf spring under the axle, then the shock perch under the leaf spring.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I got it. Just being overly paranoid so I don't screw up and/or have to do the same thing twice.

Now I just have to ask which shock plate goes on which side?(Man, I wish I had taken pictures). It seems pretty obvious though, since the shock mounts have to face inward on the inside, forward-most corner and the lip of the plate itself facing downward. Yes?

Cheers all,

Daryl:turn:

Come on bro! you got this!

David :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts