·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
63 Wagon
Idler arm has no rubber bushings.

"gusher bearings" printed on top

Drag link end has 2 thick plates no rubber bushing grease fitting

The upper end (bolts to the frame bracket) has a grease fitting looks like a tie rod end with a split bushing.

Bushing is cracked I need a new one.

What am I looking for? No one has this part? :confused:

Attachments

·
4,539 Posts
hmmm... I don't know, stock should have been a rubber bushing. It may be from a different vehicle and was put on the nova. You got me on that one.

Miles

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's a MOOG sealed replacement idler arm from the 60's-70's and not offered any more. The metal tag on one end should say "Wears in, not out". Every one I have ever found has been in nice, usable condition, and tighter than brand-new stock bushings. Not sure where you'll find a new bushing, though. Do you have a pic of the busted bushing?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
The previous owner installed one on my nova....It lasted for one summer and then the steering became unstable pulling both left and right...
(at the time someone here said that this was common as the joints wear out prematurely)
I replaced it with the stock idler arm and recently upgraded it with idler arm bearing kit. If the arm is due for replacement going with the bearing kit and stock idler arm is the best way to go...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yep go with the stock idler arm and bearing kit you will not regret it someone had some idler arms for sale awhile back in the For sale section be good for bearing kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts