Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this intake, its an edelbrock, and i am not a carb person, its all the powers of magic for me, it doesnt help i have never actually looked at one either.

anyways, here is a pic of my intake

can i just throw on any carb, or is there a specific type of carb that i need to get.

i understand different intakes have different passages for getting the air/fuel into each cylinder, and this one i know the left side gives air to i think 1467 and the right side gives it to 2358, if i remember the cylinders orders correctly anyways.

but back to the question, can i look up kijiji and pick up any old carb that the seller says works, or is there something specific i am looking for?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
31 Posts
that intake has both both bolt patterns on it so it will accept either a square bore or a spread bore carb. so in other words a factory quadrajet, an edelbrock or a holly will all work on it. along with some of the other names based on the holly design

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I remember now, buddy had problems running a square bore on one like that, it would leak by the baseplate to intake near the secondaries, due to the thin amount of intake mounting surface.
Oh DS,1357 PS,2469

·
Registered
31 Posts
not sure i understand why you would need an adapter plate. i run an edelbrock performer intake and have had both a spreadbore quadrajet on it then switched to a square bore holly without an adapter plate in my chevelle without any problems. even edelbrocks web site says either will fit it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, so some say square bore, and one says either square or spread.

i will just use whatever i can find, if i get a square i will check how it lines up and if it doesnt have enough space for me on the intake surface, ill find or fab a plate for it, otherwise i am in good shape with picking pretty much anything up from edlebrock or holley

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
After you get everything put together you might want someone to ajust your carb for your motor , I've never had any luck with a carb just out of the box

. Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
323 Posts
It will work with both square and Spread bore. Now that you know this what carb do you want? I run a Q-jet because I like the manners at low speed and the nastiness when the secondaries open. Q-jets get a bad rap but are great when tuned right.

I'm actually running a edelbrock Q-jet on my engine.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have no idea which i want, the answer would be something cheap, and whatever i can find, a search turned up many holleys and edelbrocks for 200 bucks here and there.

thing is, i have absolutely no clue when it comes to carbs, i know the number behind the name is usually the cfm rating, and that 4 barrel means 4 holes in the carb that air and gas flow through. but i have heard that the most cfm isnt always the best, and i guess i can understand that.

but down to the finest details, i dont know enough technicals to decide what would be best for my engine.
its a 2006 gm replacement 350, bone stock, except this intake as far as i know.

·
Registered
290 Posts
carb

well since its for the street and no engine mods go eddy 600 very street friendly easy to change metering rods for a little more fuel flow and dependable.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool, i found mostly 600-650's anyways, so ill pick one of those up next paycheck.

vac secondaries just means it has a vacuum plug on it for my brrake booster right?

what about the things above my intake in that pic, i was sure thats what my booster would go into

·
Registered
31 Posts
Vac secondaries doesent have anything to do with brakes. It means
The carb uses a vac signal to open the secondaries(rear 2 openings
Of the carb) instead of mechanical linkage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts