Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all I have left to remove from my parts car is the suspension. I plan on then chopping it up and hauling it to the scrap yard as this body is pretty well gone. It does have some good areas that even though I don't need I plan on cutting out and putting in storage.

First question is should I coat it in a rust protector before storing the stuff away?

Second question besides the tranny tunnel, lower rear window andpackage tray, inner wheel wells, and the little rear tailpan supports is their anything else I should look at cutting out if it is good that would be worth it later on?

I'm just hoping that saving some of this stuff will help keep another Nova on the road later on down the road!

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
If the roof is good or at least the metal lip around the windows is good I would cut it off and save it. The guy with the horriable rusty BB car that had a vinyl top will love you for it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nova_Guy said:
If the roof is good or at least the metal lip around the windows is good I would cut it off and save it. The guy with the horriable rusty BB car that had a vinyl top will love you for it.
It's already getting donated to another guys car. :) I just hope he knows what he is doing and doesn't waist it!

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
Anything that is made reproduction is worth saving; that means there is a demand for the part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts