Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im trying to get a picture uploaded but till then I think my description should be enough. Its a pretty unique wire.

I have a 1972 Nova

There is a little distribution block screwed into the firewall behind the brake booster. It has an orange wire going to it. But if you follow that wire there is this little round tube thing. Maybe a noise filter? I dont know. But then that orange wire becomes a red wire after that tube thing. Then from there it goes into a pack of other wires that run to behind the drivers side headlight area. I kind of lose it after that.

But what is that red then orange wire? Mine is broken and I am wondering if I can splice in a new wire but I dont know how important that tube thing is.

After putting in a new brake booster Im getting a wierd issue that the little turn signal arrows on the dash are both lit all the time. So some wire somewhere is messed up. Hoping this red then orange wire is it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The first picture shows where the wire was when I found it. Behind the booster.

The second one is just a closer look at the wire

The third is of the broken wire and where it attached to that part that was screwed to the firewall

* I should also mention whatever wire I have pinched or disconnected is making the flasher module that is plugged into the fuse block SUPER hot. I have unplugged the battery till we can figure this out btw

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I dont know what that wire is but i spliced it back together and hooked the battery back up. The parking lights and dash lights light up all the time. So something is still wrong. I just worked on the brakes. No idea what could have happened. One project becomes 3...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok wow so I still am not sure on that wire. Maybe its been broken for a long time.

But it seems that in the last 2 weeks during the disc brake conversion both the flash module broke and the brake light switch. The brake light switch was the reason for the parking lights staying on. No idea why. Electricity is magic to me.
And the flasher being super hot was because at some point I must have turned on the flasher. But I didnt consider the module being broken because the lights werent flashing. But I just replaced both and I think Im almost back to where I was.

Still need to know if that wire is important though. Thank you for the diagrams I try my best to understand them but I dont know what Im looking at

1 - 7 of 7 Posts