Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1974 Nova Custom...350 2Bbl originally..automatic...Had A/C....
Cleaning up the firewall...going for a factoring appearance...
what do these goto....
I won't have heat/a.c.
forgive my ignorance please...
Haven't worked on or messed with this car til like the last 2 months ish...
Off and on slowly.
It's sat for like 15 yrs with motor and transmission out before now and it was/is my first car..
Have a family now and want/need to get it on the road...goto car shows/cruise in ...Romo down the track etc..
Hopefully IS swap in the future..

Going to be putting the 358/th350 back in it eventually..
Anything I need or that's important? Lol..
Be gentle..

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
I can confirm that is the engine-bay side of the AC wiring harness. Most of those wires should lead back to the AC control unit. If you are eliminating the factory AC, you should feed those back through the firewall and keep them with the AC control unit and ducting. Sell it all together as a package. Someone will be very happy to have it.

·
6,523 Posts
That AC harness should be able to be unplugged further on the interior side and then taken off of the car.

If you may be thinking about a different motor install, maybe after you get the harness out, buy and pop in a rubber grommet to seal the hole that way it's not welded over and could be used later if needed.

Thinking ahead, maybe change out the inside kick panels to the ones without AC this way you can at least get some fresh air into the car. You may have to take the flapper door off of the inside cowl over on the passenger side to get airflow into that kick panel side.

Jim

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thinking ahead, maybe change out the inside kick panels to the ones without AC this way you can at least get some fresh air into the car. You may have to take the flapper door off of the inside cowl over on the passenger side to get airflow into that kick panel side.
The default position for the AC flaps is outside air. The kick panel flap is normally closed and the cowl flap is normally open.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,758 Posts
Looks like the engine side of the A/C harness, blower motor power, three speed resistor, etc....
^^^^^^^ ..... that is correct ---- DO NOT CUT these wires off. Like Custom Jim says ..... they should un-plug under the dash.

Here IS where they go -- under the hood -- (six & V8 A/C -- these parts (wires, switch, ect) are the same.

Look on top of the A/C (plastic) housing mounted on the fire-wall.

click on the "top bar to enlarge the picture"

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...I'll look into unplugging it all...while redoing my firewall i left it as seen in the pic but will unplug and plug the hole like someone said with a grommet etc..the patching/blocking off i did on the firewall could be undone if I ever desire for whatever reason or the other.
One day hopefully I'll drive the car enough to want or need A.C. And I'll probably go aftermarket ..
I don't see a concourse restored 74 nova custom 350/2bbl auto car being worth a ton anyways....that's car from what I want it to be anyways...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts