Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
putting the '63 hard top interior together, and it seems the garage gremlins took the driver's side rear carpet plate thingy (see the passenger's side below). are these repro'd? are they for all GM, or Nova hard top specific? and what the heck are they actually called?

also curious what the hardware is. of course 15 years ago these were taped together upon removal, but...ya know. gremlins.
IMG_4990.jpg
Thanks for any info!

-Rusty

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Sill plate extensions. Dont believe they are reproduced. Heres some from ebay for $59. I wouldnt pay that, Ill look to see if I have extras.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sill plate extensions. Dont believe they are reproduced. Heres some from ebay for $59. I wouldnt pay that, Ill look to see if I have extras.

if you have one, that would be great, jd128. frustrating when they were taped together for years, then some point, gone. ah well...glad to know what it is called, at least.

thanks for the replies, guys.

-Rusty

·
Registered
928 Posts
if you have one, that would be great, jd128. frustrating when they were taped together for years, then some point, gone. ah well...glad to know what it is called, at least.

-Rusty

are they on a 67 nova ss also? my car was apart and had all the moldings and hardware but Ialso found it had parts from other Novas.I was just looking at them today and wondering where they went.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes.

i would assume they are the same 1st-2nd gen, since the floor pans are the same, but not positive. maybe there is a tiny difference.

-Rusty

·
Registered
2,161 Posts

-Rusty
I forgot to look in the attic...I'll set a reminder on my phone and try again!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah, yep the black one is the one i need.

tried to send you a PM, but it will not allow me to put in your username.

can you send me a PM? thanks!

-Rusty

·
Registered
928 Posts
yes.

i would assume they are the same 1st-2nd gen, since the floor pans are the same, but not positive. maybe there is a tiny difference.

-Rusty
how do they mount? I didnt see anywhere on my car where there were screw holes for them

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zonie-

they are side-specific (right/left).

slide it under the rear edge of your door sill plate, and the holes should be obvious.

i added blue arrows and highlights to the picture above to show where the part goes on the passenger side, and where the screw holes in the piece are. it is indented on the second hole for the indented part on the car.

-Rusty

·
Registered
928 Posts
Zonie-

they are side-specific (right/left).

slide it under the rear edge of your door sill plate, and the holes should be obvious.

i added blue arrows and highlights to the picture above to show where the part goes on the passenger side, and where the screw holes in the piece are. it is indented on the second hole for the indented part on the car.

-Rusty
Thanks Rusty, didn't see any picture though.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any chance someone knows the original hardware for these? thinking it may be the short, stubby Phillips-headed ones like on the door panel stainless, but not sure.

thanks for any info.

-Rusty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts