Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
You will have to see what the DB rating is on each horn. The lower the DB the lower tone sound the horn will have. You can use two horns with different DB ratings for a high low sound effect. Hook the horns up to a battery in the store and blast away!:devil: How about this set up? RICK

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
As MBZTECH mentioned, a high/low combination gives that full rich sound. Basically, two horns are playing a chord instead of a single note. The full size cars came with two horns and the smaller cars came with just one. It is the twin horns that made them sound manly. I bought a factory reproduction hi/low combination from American Autowire but have not installed them yet. It has been a while since I messed around with music but I believe the factory used A and C notes.

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
I know that I hate the horn on my 06 GMC pick-up. It's the wimpiest horn I've ever heard!

This is good info I might change up that wimpy horn!

So what are the pitch's of a train horn?

Mark

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Hey Mark here ya go. 115db at 100ft with 125psi. RICK

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
Thanks Rick!

That should wake up some of my traveling buddys that wander into my lane!:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
A little more money than I want to spend, but I am tired of the wimpest horn in the world on that truck...

I I get that horn for sure I'll put a video up!:devil::devil::devil:

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts