Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my satin aluminum intake manifold has some oil stains on it, ive tried numerous types of cleaners but nothing really completley takes it away, i dont want to polish it, just clean it up,

same thing for aluminum heads and aluminum radiator, they got little white stains/blemishes all over the sides, what can i use to make em' purdy again???

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Is the intake off the car or on it? if it is off I would try some etching mag cleaner. eagle one makes it I think. you have to work very fast with this stuff:yes:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah, i didnt think about bead blasting

and it will be off the car when i clean it but ill try that stuff if i dont have it blasted

thanx guys

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
if your looking for a quick fix without taking anything apart then i would just clean and paint the parts, use testor's metallic silver model paint and just dust it on, careful it will get on everything, it is very durable and coats nice, dries super fast, goes a long way, it will look box fresh, i painted my intake and altinator because of the same issue a few years ago and it still looks like new and i drive my car daily in the summer. fyi good paint for rally wheels and grills/bezels too.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if your looking for a quick fix without taking anything apart then i would just clean and paint the parts, use testor's metallic silver model paint and just dust it on, careful it will get on everything, it is very durable and coats nice, dries super fast, goes a long way, it will look box fresh, i painted my intake and altinator because of the same issue a few years ago and it still looks like new and i drive my car daily in the summer. fyi good paint for rally wheels and grills/bezels too.
yeah ok,, that looks good, i may do that as well, maybe paint the LT1 accessory bracket also, it could benefit from some attention

·
Registered
768 Posts
x2 for bead blasting. I had to clean my old intake manifold up and I tried eagle 1 (the acid stuff), that mag polish named above and nothing would work at all. I had to get it bead blasted and it looked like brand new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts