Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best loudest, deepest, most aggressive exhaust system?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Flowmaster Super-44's if you like that old school deep, aggressive, I'm bad and proud of it sound from 60's muscle like the "Flyer".....

·
Registered
682 Posts
Open headers:D
:yes:

Nothing is going to be louder or more aggressive than this. Except maybe open heads. :D

But you did metion "exhaust system", which implies wanting pipes after the headers, so in that case the loudest and most aggressive would be some straight pipe leading from the headers to somewhere under the cabin but before the axle, with no tail pipes.

Adding any sort of mufflers isn't going to be as loud or aggressive as no mufflers/resonators at all.

Now, if you want mufflers, then that's a different story. Something like Dynomax race bullets or Flowmaster 10-series would be the loudest. Flowmaster Super 44 or Original 40-series would be quieter, but still pretty loud.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I'm guessing he's going for that "Most Annoying to the neighbors" sound that young, inexperienced kids like. After he grows up, maybe he'll appreciate a decent system.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Have to say, the most obnoxious system I've ever heard was Bassani. That hideous crackling pitch is just ridiculous. But then again, I believe that's what he's after.

My 3" pipe to Flowmaster race mufflers is pretty loud with a deep ear tickling tone. Even with tailpipes, it's loud.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The Pypes VIOLATORS are pretty nasty and the name holds true...they will piss people off who dont love it :D

I have the Pypes Race Pros and they are nice for the street, get loud when you get on it. I also have the X Pype with cutouts....when I want it loud...un cap them and let her sing. I plan to order the electric cut outs soon to make it much easier.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
The Pypes VIOLATORS are pretty nasty and the name holds true...they will piss people off who dont love it :D

I have the Pypes Race Pros and they are nice for the street, get loud when you get on it. I also have the X Pype with cutouts....when I want it loud...un cap them and let her sing. I plan to order the electric cut outs soon to make it much easier.
I second this motion!! Definitely Pypes exhaust with an "X" pipe..

·
Registered
988 Posts

I have pypes exhaust system 2 1/2" with x- pipe and violater mufflers it is pretty loud and agressive the x-pipe tones it down some and gives it a little different sound than a straight true dual with no crossover

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have pypes exhaust system 2 1/2" with x- pipe and violater mufflers it is pretty loud and agressive the x-pipe tones it down some and gives it a little different sound than a straight true dual with no crossover

I think there is a distinct difference between the Pypes and Flowmaster mufflers. They are both loud and aggressive. The difference between the two is the pitch. The Pypes muffler has a higher pitch than the Flow's at above idle to redline. Idle sound is very similar. If you want the deepest sound then I think the Super 44's have the sound you are looking for. This is because they have chambers in the muffler that keeps the tone deep as RPM climbs. JMO...Jack

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Open headers and blow it straight out the hood! That way you can SEE it too:devil:

Since were on the subject, how do we make lil small blocks sounds like big blocks! BBC's have a certian...resonating, reverberating, nasty sound that just instantly puts that s eating grin on my face...Is that just a BBC characteristic?

Am I just on drugs or does anybody else know what Im talkin about?:confused:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Since were on the subject, how do we make lil small blocks sounds like big blocks! BBC's have a certian...resonating, reverberating, nasty sound that just instantly puts that s eating grin on my face...Is that just a BBC characteristic?

Am I just on drugs or does anybody else know what Im talkin about?:confused:
I think this has more to do with compression and other internal specs of a given engine. Stock, run-of-the-mill BBCs sound tame and mild compared to a healthy stroker SBC with 12:1 compression. The reverse is also true. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts