Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right forum, but anyway. I'm getting ready to pull the 250 inline 6 out of my '70 Nova. I'm replacing it with a V8 next month. I'm never going to use it again and my parents don't want it in the yard, so I need to sell it. It has pretty much all the original stuff on it, but is in desperate need of an overhaul. Does anyone know how much it is worth?

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
novaken said:
I would start at $150 and see what happens.
and here I was thinking about .05 cents a pound at the Scrap Iron dealer.:D ...Just kidding....couldnt resist:)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I gave mine out for free too. The guy who picked it up dropped me $50 for my trouble though.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Mines going to the scrap iron dealer next week, to be sold for 4 1/4 cents per pound, then it will be transported to the Port of Los Angeles, then to China, to be turned into a Scat Crank, shipped back here by the same route and then repurchased by me, to build a 383 at approximately 100 times the cost I sold it to the scrap iron dealer for. Ain't this new world order stuff just great, I heard on the news we supposedly have 200,00 new jobs in the country, some of em must be making hamburgers for the guys driving the trucks carrying the scrap iron, they sure ain't for making Scat cranks over here. I think I might try and find a crank thats made here instead.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Here's what you do... I would say rebuild it. Or even better! Do all the machine work on it, paint it chevy orange and make it into a table. You can get someone on ebay with that, no?

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
sold mine 2 yrs ago for $250.00 "As Is" Some guy named Pedro put it in his pick-up, and is still driving it.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The inline sixes usually don't bring much if anything at all. Personally I'd save it for when you find a running engine you want that's installed in a car....you can reinstall the 6 and resell the car as a runner.

I still have the original 230/PG in the barn from my car. I was looking at a '72 4 door Chevelle online last week with a 383 in it. I was thinking of buying it and taking out the 383 and TH350 and put in my 230/PG and reselling it as a running 72 Chevelle.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think its a little too late now. I've already drained the fluids and removed the battery and radiator. Besides, if anyone heard it run, they would probably pay me just to turn it off. It was that bad. I just can't wait to install my freshly rebuilt 327:D

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
novaken said:
One more tip, you might want to sell it before you pull it so potential buyers can hear it run. Might sell quicker that way.
Thats exactly what I did.

·
Registered
69 Posts
63 convert vent window frame

63convertible vent window frame the whole post that goes down into the door complete . good drive quality . each whats it worth . ?

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
I want a 250 but can't find one within driving distance of central Arkansas.

I actually only need the head and thermostat housing, but would buy a complete engine if it was close enough for pickup.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts