Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1966 chevy II nova that had a 350 SBC motor in it when I purchased it. The heads that are on the motor cant be for this car. They had to beat them up to get them in and they look terrible. What headers are you guys running that have a good fit.
Thank you, and i'm glad that I have found this site,
Kevin

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
this is a FAQ. You can read up on first gen headers in the Best of Powertrain Archive.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Got Hooker Super Comps 2243's on my 67 and they are the cats teets. I have a pinto rack and angle plug heads and still have no problems. I'm pretty certain others on here are running them and also love the fit and finish. I wouldn't go with the Dougs simply because they are not a real full length header. I know they are advertised as one but they dont get the exhaust under your car like Hookers do. Trust me I learned the hard way.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOK-2243HKR/

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you want to cruise around, and you have a good running small block, just get the Summit brand 1-1/2 in. headers, they fit great, and easy.
If you are racing it, J&W Nova Parts have a great fitting set of 1-5/8 in. header from JR Headers out of Georiga.
I have had both on my 66, I race only now so I still run the JR Headers.
Hope this helps you out.
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Got Hooker Super Comps 2243's on my 67 and they are the cats teets. I have a pinto rack and angle plug heads and still have no problems. I'm pretty certain others on here are running them and also love the fit and finish. I wouldn't go with the Dougs simply because they are not a real full length header. I know they are advertised as one but they dont get the exhaust under your car like Hookers do. Trust me I learned the hard way.
X 2....Nothing fits like a hooker!! The coating looks as good today as the day I put them in. 1998 I was one of the last few that have a life time warrantie on them as well.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts