Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I use to glue the rear window weatherstriping on my 65 2dr sedan? It looks like that was what was holding it on before but since I didn't remove them I am not 100% sure.

Thanks,
Miles:D

·
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well this is strange, a question no one will even reply to... Do I use silicone or elephant snot or that old tar like stuff??? Anyone:confused:

Miles:confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
On my 63 Ht when I took the back window out there was some putty stuff between the rubber seal and the body.I guess the stuff had asbestos in it so you cant get anything like it any more.

So when I put the window back in I used some clear silicone calking between the rubber and the body and a very thin layer of black silicone between the rubber and the glass. After a day or so I checked for leaks with the garden hose and I had to work some more calking into a couple of spots where I had leaks.

Dont know if this was the right way to do it but it seems to be working fine.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
hi jb,maybe you can check out your local auto body suppy house.they sell all types of glass adhesives and cleaners.i'm sure they can help.i bought my my supplies at my local store.;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
JBimmolate said:
Well this is strange, a question no one will even reply to... Do I use silicone or elephant snot or that old tar like stuff??? Anyone:confused:

Miles:confused:
Miles, what you want to use is sticky pliable butyl tape to seal the back glass comes in 5/16 and 3/8 inch widey you can get at almost any auto body type store for under $10.00 if not look at year one, nnn nova sure they have it.
Just make sure surface is clean and have help when setting glass once it meets with the tape youre done can't be reposition.
Good Luck , Harley

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
JBimmolate said:
What do I use to glue the rear window weatherstriping on my 65 2dr sedan? It looks like that was what was holding it on before but since I didn't remove them I am not 100% sure.

Thanks,
I used 08011 3M to glue mine in. So far so good.

Lynn

·
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great got it in and no problems so far. No what do I use to glue the quarter window guides in. I noticed it was glued? from the factory. Is that just elephant snot or some other special stuff? Sorry to bug you guys about this stuff.

Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts