Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have headers into turn downs but I am thinking about adding some dynomax bullets in between to lower the noise level just a bit

·
Registered
661 Posts
I think the bullets will make it louder. I have headers into h-pipe with super 44 flowmasters and turn downs before axles. Not quiet at all

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Full 3" exhaust with Super 44 Flowmasters and 3" mandrel bent tail pipes here.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Headers, 3" collectors, 3" pipes into 2 chamber Flowmasters (40 series I believe) and then turndowns before the rear axle.

Its really loud and obnoxious, but sounds great. If I let it idle long enough in the garage stuff will shake off some of my shelves, its pretty cool, haha!

Prior to this setup, I was running headers, 2.5" exhaust with Dynomax mufflers and tailpipes out to the rear. It sounded nice, but wasn't very loud at all.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Hooker Super Comps with cut-outs, full 3" exhaust with Flowmasters and tail pipes out the back below the bumper.

·
Registered
682 Posts
1-5/8" LT headers with 3" collector, 2.5" straight duals with Flowmaster 40-series (original) mufflers, 2.5" tail pipes exiting just behind the rear tires. Sounds fantastic, volume level is just perfect for a weekend street car - not super loud, not too quiet either. Would probably be too loud if you fired it up early every morning to go to work though, unless you don't have neighbors that live close by.

The car previously had 2" piping with Dynomax SuperTurbo mufflers, and tail pipes that exited at the bumper with turndowns. This was too quiet for my taste, but would have been great for a daily driver.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
2.5" with H pipe and dynomax bullets, tail pipes out the back.

Just putting around it isnt bad but at cruise it is very loud. Been thinking its time to quiet it down a bit as you can barely talk to someone while driving.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hooker headers, 3" H pipe, Flowmaster 44's, and bends over the rear axle dumps just inside the OEM exhaust well, above the rear axle. Exits are visible from the back.

I want to note that the interior of my car has both carpet, brown carpet stuff (don't know what that's called) and Dynamat lining the floorpan. With that said, it's noisy both inside and outside. By noisy inside, I mean drones like a mofo. Speaking level is just short of the voice you'd use in a busy machine shop. :yes:

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Hooker headers, 3" H pipe, Flowmaster 44's, and bends over the rear axle dumps just inside the OEM exhaust well, above the rear axle. Exits are visible from the back.

I want to note that the interior of my car has both carpet, brown carpet stuff (don't know what that's called) and Dynamat lining the floorpan. With that said, it's noisy both inside and outside. By noisy inside, I mean drones like a mofo. Speaking level is just short of the voice you'd use in a busy machine shop. :yes:
Yes sir mine is the same only with the x pipe.

·
Registered
590 Posts
In my 65 (412" sbc), I have headers into 3" pipes going into 70 series Flowmasters then turned down just in front of the rear axle.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have Fenderwell headers with 3' of pipe into a Magnaflo round muffler and a 14" exit pipe right before the rear tire. It is a bit noisey in the shop, I have not had it outside yet. Still working on the shifter.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hooker Headers, 2.5" with an X-pipe and viloators. Tail pipes to the stock location. I like it. Not quiet tho.

·
Registered
310 Posts
2.5" from a set of Headders By ED into a 3" Y Pipe and single 3" into a Flowmaster Super 40 cutoff at the axle but soon to exit behind the passenger rear tire.

Am I the only one running a 2 into 1 system?

·
Registered
682 Posts
2.5" from a set of Headders By ED into a 3" Y Pipe and single 3" into a Flowmaster Super 40 cutoff at the axle but soon to exit behind the passenger rear tire.

Am I the only one running a 2 into 1 system?
You may be the only one! :)

I would never consider a setup like this in an application where duals are so easy to install/fabricate. My 4th gen F-bodies are setup this way from the factory (Y-pipe), and no matter what type of muffler/header combo you use, it never sounds as nice as true duals to me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm with Stroker Ace, hedman hustler headers with 2 1/4 purple hornies bolted on.
Quiets the car a little but chokes the motor down. Five bolts on each side and they fall off at the track

1 - 20 of 20 Posts