Chevy Nova Forum banner

What electric fan set up for a cold case rad.

159 Views 7 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Hunter M
Hi there, I recently purchased the cold case chn543 radiator for my 1968, small block, manual nova. I briefly looked to see if anyone made a kit that would work with that kit, but I haven't found one yet. Is there any kits that people are running with those Radiators? I was also wondering what kind of radiator bushings people are using, the 3 row or 4 row style? Thanks!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Hi there, I recently purchased the cold case chn543 radiator for my 1968, small block, manual nova. I briefly looked to see if anyone made a kit that would work with that kit, but I haven't found one yet. Is there any kits that people are running with those Radiators? I was also wondering what kind of radiator bushings people are using, the 3 row or 4 row style? What kit are you talking about.
Hi there, I recently purchased the cold case chn543 radiator for my 1968, small block, manual nova. I briefly looked to see if anyone made a kit that would work with that kit, but I haven't found one yet. Is there any kits that people are running with those Radiators? I was also wondering what kind of radiator bushings people are using, the 3 row or 4 row style? Thanks!
So are you wanting to run a electric fan or mechanical/clutch fan?
edit: BTW nice choice, i have one in my 67 very nice.
What kit are you referring to. Ernie.
I was wondering if anyone made a bolt on kit for that radiator since I know cold case doesn't. I think I might try to just attach a 16" electric fan to the radiator without a shroud, since the core isn't super wide.
So are you wanting to run a electric fan or mechanical/clutch fan?
edit: BTW nice choice, i have one in my 67 very nice.
Does it run cool? What motor do you have in it?
Sbc 425 hp. 3000cfm Low boy flex wave, made my own shroud. Adjustable fan controller. Haven’t had it on the road yet, but running and idling have it adjusted to come on at 195 turns off at 185. I have no worries that it will warm up on me. Mine being a 67 is down flow rad, but fabricate what will fit, you have the talent Hunter!
See less See more
Sbc 425 hp. 3000cfm Low boy flex wave, made my own shroud. Adjustable fan controller. Haven’t had it on the road yet, but running and idling have it adjusted to come on at 195 turns off at 185. I have no worries that it will warm up on me. Mine being a 67 is down flow rad, but fabricate what will fit, you have the talent Hunter!
View attachment 458466
Awesome, thanks.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts