Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
13,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The words 'unmolested' and 'all original' should be banned from cars ads. This 'unmolested, all original' 63 SS has a completely new front suspension, new brakes, fuel tank, radiator, heater core, gas shocks, incorrect rear seat upholstery (can't see the front), incorrect side trim, etc. etc. It looks like a pretty solid 63 SS, but unmolested and all original it aint:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963...4643068086QQcategoryZ6172QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Bob

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
A guy I worked for had a relatively untouched LS6 Chevelle. I think the only thing that was changed were the tires, battery, and starter. It still had the stock battery cables. He bought it in 79 and drove it maybe twenty times before storing it. The unforunate thing was he never stored it correctly, and it got really dirty (barn stored, but it wasn't rusty) Still, a car to die for, and he sold it about ten yrs ago for 22K. Talk about missing the boat.....

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
well since were on this theme I would think that 'unmolested" would mean that the car never spent a night at the Neverland Ranch:rolleyes: :D

But seriously...to me it would mean the car is as GM built it except for items like belts, fluids, tires, and any other consumable item in a car...

JMO...:)

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I think what the seller means by "unmolested" is the motor has not been changed, inner fenders not cut for headers, original interior seats not changed. Things like that, just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
My cousin had a unmolested 70 1/2 Trans Am. It had 7,000 original miles with nothing changed. He sold the car a few years ago for $25,000. Only if he would have held out until Barret Jackson make it on TV. That car is worth big bucks now.

As far as this car goes. It is unmolested like his feedback :confused:

Feedback Score: 283
Positive Feedback: 96.4%

Members who left a positive: 294
Members who left a negative: 11

All positive feedback received: 318

novamaniac

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Did you here that mj sold his neverland rance because he's not interstead in it know that it is 15 years old.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Banned
389 Posts
Just as GM built it

69NovaSS said:
well since were on this theme I would think that 'unmolested" would mean that the car never spent a night at the Neverland Ranch:rolleyes: :D

But seriously...to me it would mean the car is as GM built it except for items like belts, fluids, tires, and any other consumable item in a car...

JMO...:)
Got to agree with "just as GM built it" 95% original stock as it came from the factory, its probably unmolested. As long as it Hasn't had a bunch of amatuer hot rod modiifications, hackin and cutting done on it, still has the original seats, drivetrain, never any collision damage or panel replacement, cheap repaints etc. I'd say thats pretty unmolested. Got to take into account the normal items that wearout and have to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
I think another term that would IMO basicly mean the same thing as "unmolested" would be "surviver" ....they both to me mean the same thing that the car is as GM built it with no mods, crashes, hacks, etc....with the only changes being the consumable parts of a car..hoses, belts, fluid, tires, etc, etc.....:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think another term that would IMO basicly mean the same thing as "unmolested" would be "surviver" ....they both to me mean the same thing that the car is as GM built it with no mods, crashes, hacks, etc....with the only changes being the consumable parts of a car..hoses, belts, fluid, tires, etc, etc.....
Yesterday 09:53 PM

I agree. I like to this that my car is a "virgin." At lot of the parts on the vehicle are orginal GM parts. Some of the consumable parts have been replaced. I think that this is normal and that as long has the car has not been hacked on or only optional equipment was added then the car could be considered "unmolested." Start yanking out the motor, trans, interior items and you're molesting the car.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Technically the entire drive train is consumable, as well as any user interface parts like knobs, buttons, switches, ect.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
CdnL79 said:
The words 'unmolested' and 'all original' should be banned from cars ads. This 'unmolested, all original' 63 SS has a completely new front suspension, new brakes, fuel tank, radiator, heater core, gas shocks, incorrect rear seat upholstery (can't see the front), incorrect side trim, etc. etc. It looks like a pretty solid 63 SS, but unmolested and all original it aint:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

unmolested
SYLLABICATION: un·mo·lest·ed
PRONUNCIATION: nm-lstd
ADJECTIVE: Not interfered with, disturbed, or harmed.

seems like this is a lost meaning when dealing with cars, "everything is original and unmolested". maybe the owners weren't looking or perhaps they were gone during the period of time when the crime, opps,,,, changes happened. if a change is made other than maintenance items, its a change.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
DrDenny's 69 Rat said:
Technically the entire drive train is consumable, as well as any user interface parts like knobs, buttons, switches, ect.

well the entire car is consumable really but that isnt what I ment.. what I ment was the things like head lights, brakes, mufflers, oil, tires, belts, etc, etc.....the items that would normally get replaced with general maintenance over time...Rebuilding or replacing the drivetrain is not a general maintenance item ...neither could a complete rebuild of the body/interior of the car be considered general maintenance...yes if a head light switch fails over the years and needed replacement IMO that would be fine to call a car unmolested....BUT if over the years it needed a new transmission or a rebuilt motor or has been painted a few times along with a new interior then I'm not too sure I would call it unmolested anylonger....but of course this is JMO...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts