Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Liquid Fluid Cameras & optics Eyelash Water
it looks greenish in the pictures but in in person it's a slight green with a coffee like color I just got it started after about a month and I ran it for about 5 minutes until I shut her off and checked the radiator.

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
I'll check now
Be sure to fill the radiator with coolant or distilled water before you check for bubbles or there will be bubbles from the circulation, not necessarily a leak in the intake or head gasket...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be sure to fill the radiator with coolant or distilled water before you check for bubbles or there will be bubbles from the circulation, not necessarily a leak in the intake or head gasket...
Yesterday when I filled it with coolant I only had enough for a gallon but it filled it about 70percent, when I went to go run it and check the radiator it was forming bubbles almost foamy and it was starting to turn coffe color, the odor from the radiator is still the old gas smell due to the car sitting for a month

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
That doesn't sound good. My first inclination would be to check the oil level on the dipstick and see if it is over the fill line as oil floats on water, you can see if there's oil higher than the full line you have in internal leak that's in need of fixing ASAP... What engine is this in your car?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
had a head gasket go on a 4.7 durango
acted like it was overheating at first, just thought coolant was low
filled rad, started cold and steady bubbles
never did see any sign of coolant in oil
figured gasket just starting to go and compression was getting into water jacket

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That doesn't sound good. My first inclination would be to check the oil level on the dipstick and see if it is over the fill line as oil floats on water, you can see if there's oil higher than the full line you have in internal leak that's in need of fixing ASAP... What engine is this in your car?
The original inline 6

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
The original inline 6
I would start by checking your oil then, pull your coil wire and crank the engine while someone stares into the radiator after filling it to see if you get any bubbles. following that, a radiator pressure tester from HF is cheap enough for a tool to keep around to test your cooling system for leaks. Otherwise, could be a myriad things on the 6. @Twisted6 & @Twinshadows , any ideas?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Window Gesture Insect Sleeve Human leg
this is what the oil looks like still feels like new oil in mY hands, this is the first 3 starts with the new coolant and oil

1 - 20 of 22 Posts