Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cam specs are this.
Valve lift:.520"
Duration @ .050" (int/exh): 218deg/228deg Is this considered mild?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
YES, for a Big Block.

Nice street cam for a Small Block.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yes its a pretty mild cam for small block and big block chevy. And it can be used in a Daily Driver!!!!!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Nice mild cam for a torque monster, i run a 216/216 and .515/.515 in my 454.
Hi there 74 hatchback. Who is your cam made by? Are you happy with it? Just curious which heads are you running? I still have the stock peanut ports on my 454, she runs good for what it is though.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
My cam is an older crane energizer 272H with .515lift and 110lsa, has good idle with slight lope and tons of low torque and pulls from idial to 4900 rpm, im running stock 78' small valve oval port heads with 8.2 cr and a stock rv convertor with 3.31 gears. When i had 4.10's it jumped 10 cars on newer camaros and stangs! And yes i love these cams, used them for years, to bad crane is gone:(. What year peanut heads are you running? because i believe the peanuts came out in the 90's, in the ss454 trucks.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The engine came out of a 85 suburban. I don't know what cam is in it currently, some type of rv towing cam. I bought the engine along with a turbo 400 tranny for $300.00. Put a set of main bearings, rod bearings, oil pump, and timing chain, sprockets. Engine is very mild, I left the cast iron stock quadrajet intake on as well. Put a cheap set of headers and a x pipe on it. Running a holley 650 double pump carb. Turbo 350 tranny, B&M holeshot 3000 converter. Ford 9 " 3.89 gears. I took it to the track several months ago. It really surprised me, on worn out street tires I was able to pull off a 13.4 @ 99 mph with a 1.96 60 ft. Lots of fun for what little money I have in it.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
The cam in my 410" is the smallest I've had in many years-260/[email protected]/.617" It's a nice streetable cam, ask Dale-he has it in his Dart right now. We let it sit and idle for 20 minutes in the shop while checking for leaks and monitoring oil pressure when hot. On the dyno it sat there idling at 500 rpm with one of Bryce's ported RPM Air Gap's-and made 600 h.p.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think this is a good setup for an almost daily driver.Can I go with a bigger cam?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The engine came out of a 85 suburban. I don't know what cam is in it currently, some type of rv towing cam. I bought the engine along with a turbo 400 tranny for $300.00. Put a set of main bearings, rod bearings, oil pump, and timing chain, sprockets. Engine is very mild, I left the cast iron stock quadrajet intake on as well. Put a cheap set of headers and a x pipe on it. Running a holley 650 double pump carb. Turbo 350 tranny, B&M holeshot 3000 converter. Ford 9 " 3.89 gears. I took it to the track several months ago. It really surprised me, on worn out street tires I was able to pull off a 13.4 @ 99 mph with a 1.96 60 ft. Lots of fun for what little money I have in it.
That pretty good for such a mild combo, my 350 ran 13.54 years ago and i thought my 454 felt like high 12's but never made it to the track with the 4.10's, so with mine having a bigger cam and performer intake with 750 carb and msd6a should have at least made it high 12's comparing yours, now with 3.31 doesnt feel the same:( Glad it still has torque down low for some fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts