Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good bolt on front sub frame kit, for a fair price and is a good quality. I have been looking at a lot of them just never bought one and I don't know anyone that has. I am looking to build my car for more street than strip with a narrowed rear end and 4 link set up with coil overs. Thanks for everyones opinion

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
its all about budget. TCI has some very nice kits, front and back. it all comes down to budget. Detroit speed also has some VERY NICE front end kits but you will pay for that. I vote TCI.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
its all about budget. TCI has some very nice kits, front and back. it all comes down to budget. Detroit speed also has some VERY NICE front end kits but you will pay for that. I vote TCI.
Its actually about features , advantages, & benefits... not budget.
Each manufacturer's kit has certain features that set them apart. If that feature offers you an advantage over what you have, or over your competitor, or you cant afford it... it will not provide you a benefit.
Sometimes the major feature is that its cheap.
If the product does not do what you are looking for, it wasnt the best choice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking to get rid of my stock front end and do a bolt on type with disc brakes and coil overs. My budget is around $3000.00 for the front set up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive been looking around just trying to see what other people have bought and what they think of their buys.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

TCI Mustang 2 with coilover upgrade. This one fits your budget but dont forget about all the extras that will be needed to finish the project. This clip went together well and many other members can vouch for ride quality
How much did this kit run you?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$2600 + a few hundred for the coilover conversion. Like I mentioned earlier there is a lot more cost involved then just the clip. A good person to talk to about this is Tim from Tims Hotrods. Ibuildm here on Steve's
Who did you go through on ordering your clip. I understand what you mean by the other parts as well I'm just looking for a start to get it rolling.

·
Premium Member
3,906 Posts
It's all based on budget in my opinion.
My buddy has a CPP kit on his 64 that was fairly inexpensive and works really well for what it cost.
I went with CBr and manual rack on my 66 and I love it!
I have wildwood discs and qa1 coil overs

My only other thought regarding a clip would be that buying one would be nice to get it all done at once if it is in the budget.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It takes a while to install. I just got heidt's kit installed on my 63. we started in march and I am now just getting to drive it. It's worth it in the end. I'm really happy with how it handles.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts