Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the weight is of a 1964 4 Door Front Door with the Glass still in it? Yes this is an odd question but I have one for sale and a guy contacted me in California and really can use it. Also, has any one ever shipped a Door, if so who did you use? I am in Colorado and would like to ship this to California.
Rick

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Does anyone know what the weight is of a 1964 4 Door Front Door with the Glass still in it? Yes this is an odd question but I have one for sale and a guy contacted me in California and really can use it. Also, has any one ever shipped a Door, if so who did you use? I am in Colorado and would like to ship this to California.
Rick
I shipped an inner fender (I know, not as heavy) to a member in Germany. The price that UPS quoted me was sky high, so I went to the USPS. The post office was A LOT cheaper. There may be other carriers that are reasonably priced, but the USPS was easy and reasonably priced, especially for a big, bulky international parcel.

Gerry

·
Registered
788 Posts
Rick

You can jump on a regular human scale holding a door and then weigh yourself without door. Greyhound bus will ship for a reasonable rate.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had a hood shipped from Tennessee to Texas by Greyhound. It cost about $65 and they have to have the weight. You have to take it to the terminal and pick up from the terminal. It can take a while by bus. If it's full the item can sit until the next bus that has room.

I had a door shipped from Chicago to Texas by FedEx truck freight for $150 flat rate. It had to be taken to the dock and on a palate to ship. It didn't matter the weight on the door. Truck came to my place in 4 days.

·
4,535 Posts
I had a tailgate shipped to me via greyhound as well. Was way cheaper than any other method but it was years ago and I am snot sure what it cost.

Miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts