Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not really a nova question but i was considering making my 69 nova yenko tribute into a street strip car. however i found a 78 pinto with a 402 big block, racing seats, roll cage, 69 camaro posi rear end, and some other goodies for 2,600... sound like a good deal. then i can save my nova for a nice cruiser and not tear it apart running it on the strip.

·
Registered
525 Posts
is it the one that looks kinda like a round track car?id say it is well worth that.the motor is worth that price.plus 402 in a little pinto=:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Don't let the Pinto get rearended or KABOOM!!! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do enjoy pintos. i have a 73 wagon rust free. interior is stripped. has been in storage for 5 years before i was born. i also have a 80 pinto trunk style. i run demolition derbys and the pinto one of the best compact cars.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
i do enjoy pintos. i have a 73 wagon rust free. interior is stripped. has been in storage for 5 years before i was born. i also have a 80 pinto trunk style. i run demolition derbys and the pinto one of the best compact cars.

Would that be for the leaf springs in the rear? I used to run the fullsize demos and specialized in the 72 thru 76 Impala/Caprice wagons. One of the best demo cars out there next to an Imperial as for the leaf spring design. The motor going in my 68 was originally built for Demo's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the leaf springs are good. the best part of the pintos and mustang II's is the 2.3 litre ford motor. the bottom ends are bulletproof. i was just in oregon IL. all weekend for the metal meyhem demo. great cars in every class. cars from all the way from california. demo took 14 hours. talk about some motors. i swear one ran at over 4000 rpm straight for 45 min. did not even slow down to shift... i would love that motor. the headers were cherry red from the base of the hood all the way to the top... my ears were still ringing last night

1 - 7 of 7 Posts