Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I was just wondering what you think the cost of some of this bodywork might be and I have noticed it has been gettong kind of worse.. and any advice would be appreciated from y'all. I love the car, theres been alot of things done to it, its my daily driver I'm 17 I bought it a few years ago

and this last pic is a dent with some obvious scratches ......

Thanx

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Just depends on whats underneath ... all we see is bubbles...:yes:

The paint would have to come off and than we have an understanding at what your dealing with ( might be worse than it looks or better ) ....

Around here, they charge any where from $35 to $75 an hr to mess with metal and prep for paint...:bored:

If its a quick fix ( which I hope in your case ), it would just depend on the person doing the work...

Example here: I got a quote from a body man dude that I know, he said he could replace my quarter for anywhere from $800 to $900 ( which 900 was the high end ) on my 67 that I have ....if I supply the quarter ....:eek:

Just have to get quotes from people that you know or learn to work with metal ( and that would save $$$$ ) which would save in the long run.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just depends on whats underneath ... all we see is bubbles...:yes:

The paint would have to come off and than we have an understanding at what your dealing with ( might be worse than it looks or better ) ....

Around here, they charge any where from $35 to $75 an hr to mess with metal and prep for paint...:bored:

If its a quick fix ( which I hope in your case ), it would just depend on the person doing the work...

Example here: I got a quote from a body man dude that I know, he said he could replace my quarter for anywhere from $800 to $900 ( which 900 was the high end ) on my 67 that I have ....if I supply the quarter ....:eek:

Just have to get quotes from people that you know or learn to work with metal ( and that would save $$$$ ) which would save in the long run.....

Ah I see, hey thanks for your response. :yes: appreciate it

·
Registered
582 Posts
Youll prolly have to repaint the car. I suggest save for it and do a full body/paint resto in a few years. Doesnt seem urgent. Im sure youll regret selling it... Unless there is serious rot in floor pans, etc.

·
Registered
80 Posts
repair 's

the picture under the one with the tire in it looks like some one already tried to fix a problem at one time .
from what have learned is a tiny bubble could be a start of a cancer hole . like every one said remove the paint and what ever is under it then start from there . if you have the time and money have at it . if not do a patch at a time if you don't mind primer paint

·
13,679 Posts
It's almost impossible to give you an idea of price to do this work, because much of what needs to be repaired can't be seen. Most body shops wouldn't give you a firm price on this for the same reason. IMO, once the body repair is done, the entire car would need to be repainted.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts