Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken alot into consideration and I thank everyone for their input and help. The reason that I've went with the Eddy heads are because I'm looking for no more than 400hp and it will be a simple cruiser. Here's my setup;

-GM Goodwrench short block (4 bolt mains)
-Edelbrock Cylinder Heads (64cc combustion chamber, 170cc intake runner, 65cc exhaust, 2.020 intake valve, 1.600 exhaust)
-Lunati Voodoo hydraulic flat tappet camshaft (227/233 duration at .50 lift, 268/276 advertised duration, 110 degree lobe seperation
-Summit 1.5 ratio roller rockers
-2500RPM Hughes stall converter
-Cloyes double roller timing chain/gear set
-Edelbrock RPM Air gap intake manifold
-Holley 750CFM carburetor with electric choke and vacuum secondaries
-Milodon oil pump
-Moroso 7qt oil pan

Any opinions? I'm hoping to hit 400hp with this combo.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
I like every thin except the oil pan.. your leaving a few HP on the table.. get a pan with a built in windage tray and crank wiper. .. check with WWW.KEVKO.com, or with Moroso, and Hamburger....

that combo should net you an easy 400 gross hp...

add 1.6 rockers and prolly see a real 420 to 430 hp

one other thing.. consider the eddy "E" tech head.... I bet it flows a little better....

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
naw.. the lift is .489/504 dived that by 1.5 then multiply that x 1.6 you get a gross lift of....

.521/.5376

well with in spec...

PV or valve to piston clearance will have to be checked..... with stock pistons.. but I dont see a problem at those values...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow, I didn't know that I could have a gain of that much with 1.6 rockers. I would be a little leary about breaking the cam in with those 1.6 rockers as I can't find any 3/8 in stud mount 1.3 ratio rockers. I have heard that the 1.5's would be fine to break the cam in with but 1.6's?

Looks like the E-Tecs that are 1 up from the heads I was thinking about have a smaller intake and exhaust valves. The intake runner is the same size and exhaust runner is smaller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts