Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I spent $132 bucks on my entire dash. paint ($6) matreial ($25) dash pad off the donor nova, dash bezel ($100 ebay). Steering wheel off donor car sanded it and flat blacked it also. The tach was already in the car thanks to big Al fixed it.
could I get some opinions, suggestion to make it better.
CRITICK MY WORK! be gentle though my first car putting it together.:yes: by the way everything was missing off the nova's dash except for the bezel theat was completely broken!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That looks really good, I've got my tach in about the same place. What year is that dash pad, I don't see the nova emblem on it-which gives it custom look. Nice job!
I removed from 68 nova, I figuered since im on a budget when theres some extra $$ ill buy the pad and emblem! I bondo the hole then upholstered it:devil:

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
looks like CRAP!!! :eek:

just kidding, looks good... although i'm not really a fan of real low mounted tachs... i figure if you're really pounding it where the tach would be needed, the location takes too much eye movement to see it.

i think i'd rather have it more closer to eye level while driving in a "spirited" fashion. ;)

looks good though, keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
also... looking at your image i'm going to guess that you do not have a pedal bumper stop installed on the clutch pedal. looks like it's a tad too high in relation to your brake pedal.

the bumper stops are really cheap... a couple bucks. also there are a couple thin walled nylon bushings that install in the clutch/brake pedal cross shaft that are about a buck each also... they are commonly overlooked and will tighten up a slightly loose/loose fitting pedal assy. ;)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
also... looking at your image i'm going to guess that you do not have a pedal bumper stop installed on the clutch pedal. looks like it's a tad too high in relation to your brake pedal.

the bumper stops are really cheap... a couple bucks. also there are a couple thin walled nylon bushings that install in the clutch/brake pedal cross shaft that are about a buck each also... they are commonly overlooked and will tighten up a slightly loose/loose fitting pedal assy. ;)
The tach is fine I think theres a shift light on it will work there. I noticed that after I did the swap from drums to disc in front. The clutch pedal has its rubber, so Im assuming that the brakes arent correctly installed! any suggestions on how to fix it?:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts