• silver (yenko?)

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • rice pudding.

Votes: 7 25.9%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Those are very good choices in colors. But, the question I have for you is this: What is the condition of the car?

The reason for this question is to help those who are choosing to pick one of those colors is to find out what is the background on the car. In other words, what will the car be doing, ( dragger, pro-street, show car) , and a brief history of the car (i.e. orig exterior and interior color).

Do you have any pics of the car as it sits now? If there is a link, please post it. I would like to see the car before I make my decision.

Dan

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Keep in mind if you go with black.... it shows everything!!!Every water drop,any bit of dust or dirt,all scratches and any body imperfections.To have a nice black car the body needs to be perfect.If you can deal with those things go with black.There is nothing like a Beautiful Black Nova.bm

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Those are very good choices in colors. But, the question I have for you is this: What is the condition of the car?

The reason for this question is to help those who are choosing to pick one of those colors is to find out what is the background on the car. In other words, what will the car be doing, ( dragger, pro-street, show car) , and a brief history of the car (i.e. orig exterior and interior color).

Do you have any pics of the car as it sits now? If there is a link, please post it. I would like to see the car before I make my decision.

Dan
The car is a 71, and I got it from the second owner in january. They had it since 1981, and it was his wife's first car. The car was originally classic copper w/ a brown vinyl top and tan interior. It is now banana yellow(eewwww) and primer and a little bit of classic copper left(cowl panel and pass. door, but you can't tell b/c its all rusty haha)
.It will be a mini tubbed car. It will have a backseat, stock style front buckets with harnesses ran through them, roll cage, street slicks, big cowl hood, weld rims....it will be driven daily and raced every weekend. Yeah, I got pix...they're here... http://stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34921 .... don't worry...the abortion of a backhalf is coming out, and so is the rusty 331 small block...

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
batman09 said:
Keep in mind if you go with black.... it shows everything!!!Every water drop,any bit of dust or dirt,all scratches and any body imperfections.To have a nice black car the body needs to be perfect.If you can deal with those things go with black.There is nothing like a Beautiful Black Nova.bm
I've got the body work under control....I'm a bodyman...my dad owns a body shop, and I've been doing body work my whole life haha....the forst order of buisness is busting out the DA and abolishing the nasty banana yellow enamel :cool:

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
It could be ugly as sin, but if it ain't mine, oh well so be it!

It's your car, your the one who has to live with it, what colors do you like?

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
That's like asking "the meaning of life"...everyone has their own opinion. Paint it whatever color and scheme you like...or hire a designer to do several renderings for you and pick the one you like best. It's not that expensive to have it done.

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Have it painted a lovely NightShade of Pink!!:D

What Mike said is so correct. For me, I would not want Yenko stripes on my car unless it was a true Yenko. The only repaint my Rally Nova got went sans Rally stripes. I think it looks much cleaner not having a bunch of stripes or whatever on the car. also, I would have liked the banana yellow!!:rolleyes:

Randy (I reallly helped!!):D

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seattle_Mike said:
That's like asking "the meaning of life"...everyone has their own opinion. Paint it whatever color and scheme you like...or hire a designer to do several renderings for you and pick the one you like best. It's not that expensive to have it done.
no need to pay, my brothers a graphic designer (he draws, doesn't use a computer)

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
well if your dads a painter and your a bodyman and your brother is a artist, why the heck are you wanting to know what color we think it should be??? paint it whatever color you like!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jacobgiles said:
well if your dads a painter and your a bodyman and your brother is a artist, why the heck are you wanting to know what color we think it should be??? paint it whatever color you like!!!:D :D :D
Because I'm undecided.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
i like the idea of a dark red mettalicy type of color. that color looks good on bigger cars with big tires (even if it is only a minitub)...yenko stripes? maybe. or something resembling them. jmo

kinda like this color, if not a bit darker...i guess it looks good on little cars with big tires too!
just dont like that camaro spoiler...never seen that before

1 - 15 of 15 Posts